1.    #1  
    I just got my touchpad, and I can't hear anything coming out of the right speaker. Anything at all I can do? I'm pretty good with a soldering iron, but I'm assuming once I break this thing open it probably won't get shut.....
  2.    #2  
    bump for any advice =(
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by semoadms View Post
    bump for any advice =(
    Any chance what you are listening to isn't in stereo? Just throwing out some ideas. Do you have sound in both ears if you plug in some headphones?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Any chance what you are listening to isn't in stereo? Just throwing out some ideas. Do you have sound in both ears if you plug in some headphones?
    Pretty much all my music is in stereo. Unless I have it set to play in mono, which even still - I think it would play out of both speakers.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Pretty much all my music is in stereo. Unless I have it set to play in mono, which even still - I think it would play out of both speakers.
    Nope, I actually have some old stuff that only plays on one speaker... How about with headphones? Do you have audio in both ears?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Just tried headphones - both sides work. Definitely gotta be a dead speaker or poor wiring.

Think HP will send me a new one via warranty? Or is it worth opening myself and seeing what's wrong....
    Just tried headphones - both sides work. Definitely gotta be a dead speaker or poor wiring.

Think HP will send me a new one via warranty? Or is it worth opening myself and seeing what's wrong....
    Dont open it hp has problems opening them 3/4 the time they cant fix them and they just send back a new one so leave it and call hp.
    I just got my touchpad, and I can't hear anything coming out of the right speaker. Anything at all I can do? I'm pretty good with a soldering iron, but I'm assuming once I break this thing open it probably won't get shut.....
    did you figure this out? I just received my HP touchpad and I have the same issue, the right speaker is not working. Have you applied and patches that would effect this?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kik240 View Post
    did you figure this out? I just received my HP touchpad and I have the same issue, the right speaker is not working. Have you applied and patches that would effect this?

Nope. I'm just gonna live with it I guess =/
    still no updates? i didnt notice until recently that my left speaker doesnt work. we can just send it in right?
    Why don't you guys read the manuals and documentation that comes INSIDE the packaging? I'm sure that would answer ALL of your questions regarding sending it in, warranties, and repairs.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I am running Pandora.

I usually use a Bose MIE2 mobile headset and wouldn't notice if a speaker wasn't working.

But, this thread made me check.

Right and Left are working.
    Last edited by dna550; 10/05/2011 at 11:56 PM.
    Also just run through Device Info> (drop down box top left of screen)
    Diagnostics>Audio>Speaker&Microphone>Start>Play - just to double check?

Otherwise maybe your unit got 'Quality Control' Checked by a one-eared Being!

I noticed last night that my only my right speaker was working. I don't know when it started though. I will run the diagnostic tool tonight to double check.

I'm thinking maybe the webOS update would fix the problem if it is a software issue, which I doubt.