Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got my TouchPad today; trying to update to 3.0.2 but it gets stuck and won't go. Then it stops, says "Unable to connect, please try again later."

Internet works; I'm able to webbrowse etc. Is there a backlog on HP's servers right now from the glut of new TouchPad owners, or what? Anyone else having trouble downloading the update?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Its not just you. I just got my touchpad as well and have been trying for the last 3 hours to get it to download. HP's servers must be getting hammered or something. I may try another day. I also tried it on the computer with webos doctor and that too does nothing..
    Had the same problem last night, just keep tapping "Download" and let it resume/retry.. if you're persistant it will eventually keep going all the way to the end! Or, you could just use the Doctor.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Got it. It finally downloaded it and installed it. Did exactly what you said. Just keep hitting download. It took about 4 hours but I got it...
    Sounds like you bought a demo unit. As far as I can tell they are all locked. That can be bypassed but you will not be able to create a Palm profile and download apps.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    My unit wasn't a demo, but I had the same issue. I gave up after a number of attempts (nowhere near 4 hours) and paid the Doctor a visit.
    You need to put your TouchPad in developer mode by typing webos20090606 into the "Just type..." box at the top of your TouchPad screen. After you turn on dev mode download and run webOS Doctor on a computer with your TouchPad connected via the USB cable and it will update you to the latest 3.0.2 software.
    Does anyone know whats up? Got my new TP yesterday and I can't update it. Its stuck in the 'Unpacking...' stage and then I get the 'Unable to connect. Try again later.' message.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by userengel View Post
    Does anyone know whats up? Got my new TP yesterday and I can't update it. Its stuck in the 'Unpacking...' stage and then I get the 'Unable to connect. Try again later.' message.
    When I got mine on Tuesday I was having the same problem. It doesn't seem like its moving but it is (kind of). It sucks that you have to keep sitting there and re-hitting download now, but after a few hours it will eventually be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by userengel View Post
    just keep tapping retry it will continue from where it left off, it took me a few hours but eventually it finished
    Just download webOS Doctor on your computer, connect your Touchpad via the USB cable and it will install the latest update in a few minutes time.
    I was trying to set mine up last night and had multiple problems with connecting it to my WIFI network. I also had the same problem with trying to download any updates. The download kept timing out after a few minutes. Eventually I just restarted my touchpad and went back to the download and let it sit overnight. When I got up this morning, it was ready to install. Maybe the servers freed up in the early hours of the morning or maybe it was the restart. Either way, it worked.
    From launch day Pre- to firesale TouchPad.
    Just keep doing retry itll come. My 32 gig a long time (over an hour), and my 16gig sitting right next to it at the some time went right thru.
    Touchpad 16GB
    Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Mine was taking a long time as well. Simply doctor it as a previous post explained.
    Quote Originally Posted by burningrave101 View Post
    You need to put your TouchPad in developer mode by typing webos20090606 into the "Just type..." box at the top of your TouchPad screen. After you turn on dev mode download and run webOS Doctor on a computer with your TouchPad connected via the USB cable and it will update you to the latest 3.0.2 software.
    Doesn't webOS Doc reset the device though?
    I tried simply tapping retry for hours, it would unpack then fail. I tried the doctor, that failed twice too. I see why HP abandoned this..l
    I tried a few times sunday with no luck. I then tried Monday morning around 6:30am and it worked but went slowly.
    I updated at 6am this morning, when most of you slackers were sleeping it off! I think it is server overload from all the new fire-sale TPs.
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    I had the same trouble....i left it last nite this morning it was stuck on unpacking i did a reboot on my TP and after that everything was fine..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast