Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I've downloaded it 2 times and it says installed but the install will not update on the device info. I restart and I'm back to 3.0.0. Think something is wrong with my TP or should I just wait it out for a late night update?
    Quote Originally Posted by seaner925 View Post
    I've downloaded it 2 times and it says installed but the install will not update on the device info. I restart and I'm back to 3.0.0. Think something is wrong with my TP or should I just wait it out for a late night update?
    same here. Youd think HP would do something about this.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    The regular updating didnt work for me. I had to doctor it. Make sure its in developer mode first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    The regular updating didnt work for me. I had to doctor it. Make sure its in developer mode first.
    I had to run the doctor on my Pre once, so I know it isnt hard but I'm annoyed that I have to on an out of the box touchpad.
    Its the massive amount of touchpads trying to update at the same time. I bought a 16gig 2 weeks ago and the update went right through. I took that one back when the confusion first started then wished I didnt. Finally got another one (32gig) yesterday and had a little trouble updating but finally went through in about 40 mins after tapping load 10 times or so.
    been trying to download the 3.0.2 update the entire day for my touchpad but the update keeps failing saying that it cannot connect but I'm having no issues surfing the web?
    best bet is to doctor.

please go here:

https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

click device options.
    click get webOS doctor.

download and follow the instructions carefully. I recommend having a full charged device.

one note: if and when it tells you to plug the device into the computer, and the 'next' button does not appear, you will then shut the device off completely. You will then press and hold the up volume while holding the power button. You will see the giant USB symbol and then you may proceed.
    <<threads merged>>
    doctor link isnt working, would somebody be so kind as to provide step by step instructions please
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    best bet is to doctor.

please go here:

https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

click device options.
    click get webOS doctor.

download and follow the instructions carefully. I recommend having a full charged device.

one note: if and when it tells you to plug the device into the computer, and the 'next' button does not appear, you will then shut the device off completely. You will then press and hold the up volume while holding the power button. You will see the giant USB symbol and then you may proceed.
    I'm having the same update problem, so I followed these instructions trying to doctor it, but when I click "get webOS doctor" it opens a new window/tab but says invalid serial number and says I need to log into my account. Same problem in Firefox and IE. And the link on page one no longer works. Suggestions?
    Same problem with being unable to update here as well. Unfortunately for me webOS doctor isn't an option as this one being setup for a non techy family member who doesn't want/wouldn't be good for.

Me thinks someone at HP needs to add a bunch of servers into a cluster to help distribute the update load
    took me forever too. Had to keep retrying over and over again. It was last sun and I just attributed it to the massive amount of people bringing home the TP flooding the update server.
    What the heck I just got to about 30% of the way through the progress bar. Then I left it do its thing. Only to check again a few moments later and it said checking for updates and started over
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Ya, it's weird, mine failed twice when I let it do its thing. But when I watched it like a hawk, everything completed fine (and took a good 10 mins). I thought it might have to do with a wifi sleep policy, but I didn't find anything like that.
    Well damn this is annoying as heck I'm now watching it like a hawk like you did and not realy getting anywhere :P I actually wonder if mine could have restarted over because I plugged it into my computer as a power source.

I wonder if you have to keep clicking download now constantly in order to get it progress as well? if so It looks like its going to be another sleepless TP related night lol.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    Well damn this is annoying as heck I'm now watching it like a hawk like you did and not realy getting anywhere :P I actually wonder if mine could have restarted over because I plugged it into my computer as a power source.

I wonder if you have to keep clicking download now constantly in order to get it progress as well? if so It looks like its going to be another sleepless TP related night lol.
    Haha. Fwiw, both times mine failed, I was plugged into usb. The time it succeeded, I was not. /fwiw
    hrm well it got half way finished and now it changed to unpacking and progressing further by itself. I just hope it downloaded the data it needed entirely.

*edit success

now I get to go through this one more time when I get my TP except that one I plan to put in dev mode
    Last edited by crucialcolin; 08/26/2011 at 02:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I got it to complete the 3.0.2 update by first installing Preware,and applying the patch that removes the download limits and try downloading the update again, though I will admit that I installed the Kernel Patch as well. I still had to tap the download twice, but after that the update work... Great!!!
    Got my update to work as well. When I woke up this morning it had downloaded, so must have been a heavy server load issue.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Can someone explain in little words how to do this?

I put it into developer mode
    I connect it to my laptop
    I download webosdoctor

and then what?

thanks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12