1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I got one of the firesale touchpads today. I was luck enough to be in the area when my local Brooklyn Best Buy got in a shipment. They all went within minutes, but I managed to snag a 32gb.

I really love this tablet so far, but there's an issue I can't seem to solve, and the nature of it makes it difficult to search for. Basically, any file that I save or move onto the device doesn't seem to be "seen" or recognized by it. I am able to use the "set as wallpaper" command in the browser to save pictures, and sometime "copy to photos" works (for instance, it seems to be okay with .png and .jpg, but not .gif?).

Any file that I move onto the device via usb seems to be absent. I recently added some .pdf, .epub, .jpg, .txt and .avi files and none of their respective programs "see" them, or recognize that they exist. If I look for them in a file manager, though, I can see that they're there. The one exception to this seems to be ComicShelf HD, which found the .cbr files I added to the device immediately.

[Edit: Just found a pdf of the user manual online, which explains why I can't see my .avi or .gif files, but that still doesn't explain the other, supported file types.]

Am I just doing something terribly wrong here? Are there certain folders I'm supposed to add content to, and that's the only place I can do it? I'd appreciate some help.

Sorry if the answer to this is obvious or something, but I'm really, really confused here. For reference, I haven't done any updating or installed preware or anything. It's only been out of the box a couple of hours.
    I would go ahead with the 3.0.2 update. I believe there's a fix for your problem there.
  3.    #3  
    Alright. Once I get this thing charged all the way up, I'll make that the next thing I try. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    and if the new update does not help, check out Kalem Soft Media Player in the app catalog. It works great with a lot of formats that you may use.
  5.    #5  
    Update fixed the problem. Thanks again.
    You should have a good read through these forums, there is MUCH knowledge here, if you haven't used webOS before
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by WiseSalesman View Post
    Update fixed the problem. Thanks again.
    Related to this, I am having the same problem and I *did* perform the update. I have placed .jpg images in a folder called "photos" using the USB flash drive feature. I can "see" them as grayed-out folders with the photo application. However, I cannot open them and view them nor put them in a photo album. However, after downloading the Gemini file management application, I can see them and view them.

The weird part is that I can see the folders in the "Photos and Videos" application and it actually displays how many .jpg files are in the folders but in this application, they are grayed-out.

What is the problem with the photo/video viewer that comes with the TouchPad? How can I get it see the .jpg files I've loaded using that application but I can see them fine with Gemini?
    Quote Originally Posted by catman123 View Post
    Related to this, I am having the same problem and I *did* perform the update. I have placed .jpg images in a folder called "photos" using the USB flash drive feature. I can "see" them as grayed-out folders with the photo application. However, I cannot open them and view them nor put them in a photo album. However, after downloading the Gemini file management application, I can see them and view them.

The weird part is that I can see the folders in the "Photos and Videos" application and it actually displays how many .jpg files are in the folders but in this application, they are grayed-out.

What is the problem with the photo/video viewer that comes with the TouchPad? How can I get it see the .jpg files I've loaded using that application but I can see them fine with Gemini?
    Back in Aug. when I recieved my TP and updated to 3.0.2 I used the usb to create a number of file folders named, documents, music, books, videos and pictures. I transfered approx 30 pictures(jpg) into that folder, I have had no problems viewing them using the photos & videos reader that came with TP. Although it is only a quess on my part, perhaps the software only seeks out certain key words to access a file, photos not being one of them. Photos & Videos also found the book covers(folder Books), Album art(folder Music) and ofcourse wallpaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by catman123 View Post
    It's a media indexing bug. Any chance you are running the muffle systems logging patch? Either way there is this bug in 2.x and up currently. It is also an inconsistent bug, so it can be hard to remedy, if it can be fixed in the current firmware version. If you have the above patch installed try removing it, some folks have claimed success by doing that.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I had a similar problem with the Photos and Videos App not cataloguing videos and jpegs in subfolders.

I found that this was because there were a couple of .avi files in the Videos subfolder. When I removed these, leaving only .mp4 files, they showed in the Videos folder under Photos and Videos.

If the Photos subfolder contains only .jpg files, the folder and pictures are vorrectly shown.
    Last edited by Wheel_nut; 10/06/2011 at 02:58 PM.