Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    Hey all, I'm a newb to WebOS and the Touchpad which I acquired on firesale over the weekend at BestBuy.

The problem I am having is that there's an issue with the screen where there's a white spot on the screen. I only notice it on light colored scenes like below, dark scenes I can't see it at all. My question is, if it's an issue that HP can't fix, am I SOL since they're not stocking them anymore and wouldn't receive a replacement? Thanks

Here's a pic of the white blob by the right edge of the screen in Portrait Mode:

the device is still under warranty
    I have one on mine, on the left side. It's annoying to a certain extent, but I can live with it. I am interested in what they'd do if you tried getting it addressed. New TouchPad? Repair?
    Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    Just got off of the phone....sending it in for repair. I tried to deal with it the last few days, but I couldn't....I'm anal about those kinda things LOL

5-7 business day turn around....not to bad. I won't be Tabless though since the TP is my secondary Tab for around the home and my BB Playbook is my primary Tab, so I will survive....sucks that I have to apply all of my homebrew apps/patches/tweaks though! lol
    I also have the same spot on the left side od the screen. I was wondering if it was from the battery getting too hot, but seems odd that it's also showing up in the right.

With the firesale I'm curious about how HP will deal with these issues. If we send them back, are we more likely to end up with a recertified product? I'm leery about sending mine in since my screen does not have a pink or yeallow hue like some are reporting...including my wife's TP with a pink hue.
    Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    I will let you know if I get the same one or refurbed.....mine is scheduled to arrive back today from repair, so we'll see.
    Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    ***!!! Can you believe that they did NOT fix it? The form inside says that it was either repaired or replaced with a new device but the problem is NOT resolved!! ***!!! So calling them now! This is BS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prey521 View Post
    ***!!! Can you believe that they did NOT fix it? The form inside says that it was either repaired or replaced with a new device but the problem is NOT resolved!! ***!!! So calling them now! This is BS!!!
    Oh, that sucks man. Hope you get it resolved. It will help inform my decision as to whether or not I should bother with trying to get it repaired.
    Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    I sent the tab in last Thursday, they received it on Friday and shipped it out yesterday....I thought it was a quick turn around, I just assumed that they were able to repair it quickly. Turns out that they didn't do a damn thing!!

On the phone with them now to find out WTH is going on.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    I think when there is a large number bought like this there will be a sudden increase in problems

but with as many issues as there are its hard to believe HP is not getting ripped off by the Asian manufacturer
    Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    They're doing an advanced exchange and sending me another and I have to ship this one back. $350 hold on my credit card until they receive the defective one back. They also waived the $59 deductible for the replacement.....they would've bee crazy if they thought I was going to pay $59 to have a brand new defective product replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prey521 View Post
    They're doing an advanced exchange and sending me another and I have to ship this one back. $350 hold on my credit card until they receive the defective one back. They also waived the $59 deductible for the replacement.....they would've bee crazy if they thought I was going to pay $59 to have a brand new defective product replaced.
    That's pretty good, except for the hold part.
    I've had multiple problems with my week old touchpad, including 3 cracks(one on each speaker, and one the back) and the glass is able to be pressed down on the left side. Just got off the phone with CS and they're doing the advanced replacement option. I refused to pay the 60 dollar charge, which they waived, and they lowered the hold to 100 dollars. They're shipping me out a refurb today. If there are any ****ing problems with this one, i'm just going to have them give me free advanced damage protection, which they offered prior to me haggling with them.
    If you don't agree to any options they give you, they WILL give you more. Offered free ADP, free case, and I eventually just went with a free refurb. We'll see..

It's just a shame that a NEW product has these issues, and I'll have to take a refurbished one instead.
    I returned mine for this exact issue yesterday and they receive it already tomorrow. I had 2 bright spots though, if they ship it right back I will have to get on them like you did.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I am on my second touchpad with screen issues. The first was a 16GB and this one is a 32GB. I got them to do an advanced replacement as well. 1 dollar hold on my credit card and they waived the 59 dollar fee. I told them it was ridiculous to make me have a hold that was more than twice what I paid for the device and to make me pay a third of the cost of the device again.
    Just got my repaired touchpad back, still the same last four of the serial number but the 2 bright spots are now gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mase075 View Post
    Just got my repaired touchpad back, still the same last four of the serial number but the 2 bright spots are now gone.
    That's good. Any new scratches or anything? I may look into getting mine repaired now.
    No it came back in the same condition I sent it in, which was mint, they even put the protective film back on like when you buy it new. Turnaround was quick, they overnighted a pre-paid 2-day air shipping box, repair took only a day or two, return shipping was overnight with a.m. delivery. Just took a little longer with the 3 day weekend.
    Last edited by Mase075; 09/07/2011 at 10:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    Well guess what....my replacement came in and it has some crap underneath the screen....looks like a piece of white lint maybe 1/4 of an inch long and you can see it even when the screen is off......*** is going on!! I have the worst luck with tablets.

I have the Playbook and had to send it in once for an issue with power.....they repaired the power issue but when I received it, one of the speakers were blown, so they fixed one issue and created another one and had to have that one replaced under warranty. And now this!

Now to call them again....UGH!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast