Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Got my new toucpad today. When I try and update to 3.0.2 it just keeps saying unable to connect. My wifi works fine with everything else. I've been trying to update it now for about an hour. I tried using the Webos Doctor. But I confused by it. The click next button never appears even after 15-20 minutes. Do I leave the touchpad in USB mode or do I just leave it as a standalone while plugged into the computer? And in the device manager everything shows its working fine and windows 7 64 bit sees it fine.
    you have to follow the doctor directions, which tell you not to plug the TouchPad in until it tells you to.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I did that also the click now button still never appears....
    reboot your PC, start with your touchpad powered off, and make sure you aren't connecting through a hub
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Ok I'll try that thanks. Then wait 15 minutes ..
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    One thing though. When it power on and then goes to the desktop, it asks me to click USB mode or not. Do I just leave everthing as is? No USB mode etc..
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    That is exactly what is happening to me. I have tried USB mode and non USB mode and it never lets me select the NEXT button. I just tried it again. Power off the touchpad and my pc then restart again. Wait till it asks me to plug in the touchpad which I did. Then I waited 15 or more and its still not letting me select next...
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I am having similar problems updating. When I try to do it from the device, sometimes it makes it to "unpacking" but no further. I can't seem to get Doctor to do anything, despite trying to reboot the computer and the TP, and doing the volume up key.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Well, I think I am rolling now. I put it into "USB Update Mode" and The Doctor has recognized it. If it works, then on to Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    Well, I think I am rolling now. I put it into "USB Update Mode" and The Doctor has recognized it. If it works, then on to Preware.
    How did you put it into "usb update mode".
    Make sure that the JAVA engine works OK.

There can be Software Firewall and other Security measures that obstruct the JAVA execution.
    I am having similar problems, but am not as savvy as other writers here. I tried to go to the website another thread gave to reach the doctor on my PC, but it wouldn't go through. I can get through on my TP, but I am sensing that that is not the place I should be logging onto the doctor.

You refer to doctor instructions. Where would I find those??

Sorry to be so elementary.
    @Bobeth
    Taken from different thread:
    "Option two is to get your hands on the latest webOS doctor. You may need to do this as current load on webOS servers is extremely heavy due to the huge influx of new touchpad users. To do this, go to your main PC (NOT your touchpad) and first visit your palm profile and log in:

https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

From there, go to device options, and select webOS doctor. Once it's downloaded, run the program. Now plug your -fully charged- turned-on touchpad into the computer via the included USB cable and like magic you'll have a properly updated touchpad. NOTE: Your touchpad isn't charging when plugged into the wall? This could be because of an odd quirk of the charger itself. It can be split into two pieces by twisting it and pulling it apart. Try twisting the charger back into "locked" position and you should be back in business."
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    what do you mean by "usb update mode"? it's either a [usb mode] or [cancel] option.
    ok. finally find out how to turn it into a usb update mode.
    Palm - webOS Doctor - FAQs
    Thank you for your replies. The login website given above is showing "HTTP Status 500" - the description is that "The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request." There is a lot of other description of the error, but it starts with "javax.faces.FacesException: Problem in renderResponse: /cons...oginPage.xhtml Not Found in ExternalContext as a Resource."

Is this just because of the traffic on the site? Is this the only way to reach the WebOSDoctor?
    Cant you just update to v3.0.2 by using the "System Update" app?
    I think the problem is server overload. thousands of people have shiny new TPs and want 3.0.2

I finally got up at 6 am EDT when I figured the most people would be in bed. it still took nearly an hour, and I had to click on "Download" several times, but I was finally successful

BTW it makes a difference in performance and additional apps appear in the app catalog, so it was worth the effort
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    I think the problem is server overload. thousands of people have shiny new TPs and want 3.0.2

I finally got up at 6 am EDT when I figured the most people would be in bed. it still took nearly an hour, and I had to click on "Download" several times, but I was finally successful

BTW it makes a difference in performance and additional apps appear in the app catalog, so it was worth the effort
    same here, though it was last night around 7:30ish and it finally finished up by 9. i assumed it was due to all those folks I stood in line with and who slammed the HP site trying to update at the same time. guess that's why the carriers tend to roll out the OTA Android updates in waves instead of all at once...
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post

This was my experience as well. My update failed several times - sometimes just randomly disconnecting from the server. I eventually got it to work at 3am EST. Just be patient.

And I agree that its very much worth the update.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast