Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    1. Amazon, because they won't pricematch my TP ordered from them on August 7, a week and a half before the craziness began.

2. Onsale: seems I got lucky but many got burned and communication was less than sub par.

Your stories?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    3. Barnes and Noble. Still haven't given me back my money even though they cancelled my order 2 days ago.
    I have been burned by: Onsale, HP, CDW, and Insight. The kids keep asking hourly if/when it's coming.
    Last edited by capt.t; 08/24/2011 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Spelling error
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiTiff View Post
    3. Barnes and Noble. Still haven't given me back my money even though they cancelled my order 2 days ago.
    Yes, I forgot them. They cancelled my order but did so within one working day. No issues with that. Pending charges also get released according to your bank's policy.
    Staples.ca

- got email order confirmation on Saturday then a call canceling the order on monday!
    Onsale burned me. Tey cancelled but STILL have a hold on my account.

Edit: Just got off the phone with Amazon. They said the hold on my account will last 2-3 more business days. Really? $&@$!!!!!!!

Look like it's goin to be a long time or never getting one o these things. The rest of my spare cash is on hold for this coming hurricane.
    Last edited by remmy123; 08/24/2011 at 05:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macflyer View Post
    1. Amazon, because they won't pricematch my TP ordered from them on August 7, a week and a half before the craziness began.

?
    Yes. So much frustration.

They're usually amazing with customer service. I'm about to stop shopping there over this. I've had it. I can return it and "buy it again...." Right.
    OnSale. Because of them I missed out on the entire deal. Also, the people who placed their orders 20 minutes AFTER I did have received theirs.
    Walmart. Not honoring price matches or returns on anything outside of their normal, everyday policy. Early adopters were screwed over.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    HP declined my order with no reason given and the instructions to "please call", which we all know is a joke unless you have a few hours of your life to spare. There was absolutely no reason to decline my order. I only ordered two of them and my credit card info was perfectly valid. I also ordered on Friday night when the prices first dropped.

What makes me sad is that I had a Touchpad that I took back to Bestbuy when I first saw the refund news. The pricematch news came out the day after that. I could have just kept my Touchpad and received a refund. Now I simply don't have one.
    Has anyone gotten Costco to match the firesale prices? I know I can return up to 90 days, but there's no guarantee of being able to find another.
    I'm a Costco hold out. How does the expression go: One in the hand is worth two in the bush? I'm afraid to take my Costco device back for a refund and find out later that there was a way to persuade them to price match. Many Best Buy people got burned in this way by acting promptly to return and then missing out on the flip-flop decision on the part of Best Buy to go ahead and price match.

Here's my confusion: if Costco has an arrangement with HP to accept returned devices, how is that really any different than embracing the second half of HP's directive to its retail partners to accept price adjustments? HP will be settling up with the partner in either scenario. By refusing to do the price adjustment, Costco is seeing to it that someone ELSE (not the person who originally liked webOS and bet on the platform with their dollars) will get the device. Someone will get it for $150 bucks one way or another; this arrangement just guarantees it won't be the original webOS and Costco loyalist. Bad move on the part of Costco and HP.

Come on Costco, do the right thing!
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I saw a guy get burned at Office Max, they wouldn't adjust his touchpad Saturday morning so he returned the device. I bought one at full price and got my money back later that afternoon, he should have waited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macflyer View Post

2. Onsale: seems I got lucky but many got burned and communication was less than sub par.

Your stories?
    why would they price match tho? they dont have to, they sold their device for Qty XYZ toa customer who happily paid XYZ, yeah nice if they did do it, but their in no way obligated to do so.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Hp.....early order placed on 8/19...charged to card on sat, and then canceled today.

F u hp!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    without a doubt onsale
    phanste likes this.
    Insight. My order vanished. Never got a cancellation notice.

Mark
    update: Costco member services replied to my inquiry that they have changed their minds like Best Buy. See body of message below:

"We appreciate you taking the time to email Costco Wholesale.

The decision was made late yesterday that Costco would be offering a price adjustment on these units.* Please take your receipt into your local warehouse and they will assist you with the price adjustment.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.** Have a great day!"

Yeah Costco! A success story!
    Amazon's order history is currently down. I'm hoping they had the same "change of heart" (aka HP beatdown).
    OnSale.....No doubt about it!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast