Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ChuckC
  1.    #1  
    Some of you may know that hp.com has changed their wording to "Coming Soon" for the Touchpads to imply something is actually coming, and that is correct! I confirmed with a HP rep today face to face, that they have tens of thousands of touchpads they are moving and putting in the system to sell on hp.com. As for the local best buy locations, my guess is those stores received more stock from a best buy warehouse. He couldn't confirm either but agreed with my assumption.

As for HP employees, they will have their own internal offering. A internal email will go out for each region within 2 days. For the US, there is approx. 84,000 hp employee's and their dedicated stock will be 16,000 touchpads at $99/16gb and it will be first come first serve, one per person. And that is going to happen on Monday August 29th. So I can only ASSUME the public offering will be on or near the same day. One per person on hp.com as well.

Anyhow, there is no need to keep refreshing the page as you hit your head against the wall. HP verified that if you sign up to be notified of changes of stock, you will be notified at the same time as everyone else. But I can't blame you if you do, as I am I have the page bookmarked on my Pre2 lol! What up Steve!

If you love F5, the direct link is http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/pro...02_fp_usen_hho
    Last edited by ChuckC; 08/24/2011 at 04:00 PM.
    kkhanmd likes this.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    coming soon
    please check back soon

f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Can someone post the direct link for the coming soon page? It keeps taking me to the "notify when available" page.

EDIT: never mind found it> http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...touchpads_home
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5
    ...........................loading............................................................loadin g .................................................page still loading ..................................................... timed out
    My F5 key discolored...
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    That link now brings my HP links to three. One of them is a bit of a secret that I had in my email prior to launch day, but I love you guys and will share:

Link 1

My secret link. I miss my TP!

Oh, and don't bother with CDW. Our rep said they sold all 3000 they had in stock and had 12,000 inquiries afterwards. They aren't getting any more as far as she knew.
    As far as I can see, this is as close to the store as you can get in the UK:
    TouchPad | Tablet

If you know different please feel free to correct me!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckC View Post
    Some of you may know that hp.com has changed their wording to "Coming Soon" for the Touchpads to imply something is actually coming, and that is correct! I confirmed with a HP rep today face to face, that they have tens of thousands of touchpads they are moving and putting in the system to sell on hp.com. As for the local best buy locations, my guess is those stores received more stock from a best buy warehouse. He couldn't confirm either but agreed with my assumption.

As for HP employees, they will have their own internal offering. A internal email will go out for each region within 2 days. For the US, there is approx. 84,000 hp employee's and their dedicated stock will be 16,000 touchpads at $99/16gb and it will be first come first serve, one per person. And that is going to happen on Monday August 29th. So I can only ASSUME the public offering will be on or near the same day. One per person on hp.com as well.

Anyhow, there is no need to keep refreshing the page as you hit your head against the wall. HP verified that if you sign up to be notified of changes of stock, you will be notified at the same time as everyone else. But I can't blame you if you do, as I am I have the page bookmarked on my Pre2 lol! What up Steve!

If you love F5, the direct link is HP Home & Home Office Store - We're sorry, the page requested was not found

Thanks so much for the info. I am also using my best buy inside source to find out when my local best buy will be getting some. I always fail at black friday deals.... but..... I SHALL NOT FAIL AT THIS!!!!!!
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by balla2g2 View Post
    Thanks so much for the info. I am also using my best buy inside source to find out when my local best buy will be getting some. I always fail at black friday deals.... but..... I SHALL NOT FAIL AT THIS!!!!!!
    I always had a hard time standing in line at Best Buy at 10pm and waiting until 8am to then be told I wasted $4 on coffee and killed off a week of my life in stress, only to be told they only have 30 in stock, and and I'm Mr. number thirty-yourscrewed! At least 1. you now have a relevant time frame for a online sale that is confirmed to happen and 2. you just got confirmation that there will even More touchpads on the market, and at the least; more resellers putting them up for $125 - $150 because they have anything to do except stand in line at 10pm with a lawn chair to then resell some ridiculous deals....at a meager profit because thats the only way the bring in a first or second incom!

Besides my jealous rant at the those who know whats up and run it....We all win! With a virgin tablet market (Its 2011, not 2016) being drenched in some bad *** hardware for a fraction of actual cost...Think about it! HP Manufacturing +1.2bilPalmBuyOut +RND +TVads +Logistics +HP Representatives = A Win for you. Rather you love WebOS as i do, or you salivate over the droid port...either way, this sets the stage for a all easily affordable tablet computers!

"The older I get, the less I care about How I get things done on a computer. It only matters that I spend the least amount of effort to learn and use the tools that make the everyday mundane task, blissfully easier." -ChuckC