Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree54Likes
    yeah, a Pre Minus user here too. After being specifically promised a special mysterious 'something' from Rubenstein's office for being a loyal Palm fan after having my forth Pre die, I would love a LITTLE nod to loyalty. If they do decide and manage to sell WebOS, whatever company buys will definitely see more value if they have a large number of zealots hanging around. But this will NEVER happen. If HP has proved anything in the last week, it's that it is entirely corporate thinking....... sigh. I am praying I'll get a TP so when I am FORCED to switch from my Pre to an Android phone, I'll still have some WebOS goodness in my life.

Macros

p.s. Played with a Veer today at Best Buy while searching for a TP....what a surprisingly great little phone....sigh.....I can still taste that freaking Pre 3.
    marshalla99 likes this.
    wont happen. they wont build new touchpads for 300 plus dollars and sell them at 99 VOLUNTARILY. they already had huge losses because of the deal. no matter what we may be owed. they wont risk anymore money. i was awake for 3 days straight on every website i can think of and one by one they each sold out. went to 3 different bestbuys. and finally after 5 hours in line i got one. according to the manager there are a lot more still in trucks and containers. check your local best buy you might get lucky...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I'm not a homebrew developer but I am/was a WebOS registered developer and I don't have a device either.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Anyone relying on the goodwill of a corporation is asking for heartache.
    TheSpike likes this.
    I been one month looking for a Touchpad since I'm not from USA, didn't have money before, now I have 114USD and I don't find any Touchpad ...

And all I wanted to do is to Dev... so bad....
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by shahek88 View Post
    wont happen. they wont build new touchpads for 300 plus dollars and sell them at 99 VOLUNTARILY. they already had huge losses because of the deal. no matter what we may be owed. they wont risk anymore money. i was awake for 3 days straight on every website i can think of and one by one they each sold out. went to 3 different bestbuys. and finally after 5 hours in line i got one. according to the manager there are a lot more still in trucks and containers. check your local best buy you might get lucky...
    Doesnt it suck to be wrong?

HP to build additional limited run of TouchPads to satisfy demand | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Anyone relying on the goodwill of a corporation is asking for heartache.
    Ha exactly. I don't understand entitlement mentality. Companies do not care about you they only care about your money.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by DizWhiz View Post
    Ha exactly. I don't understand entitlement mentality. Companies do not care about you they only care about your money.
    If they care about my money then they better care about my opinion of them.

I used to be pro:HP even before the merger with Palm.

Now, I will never buy another HP product ever again.

So much for getting my money.

This is business 101.
    I met some HP employees, and they got nothin'. I don't think that was fair.

As far as others, most on here are fairly tech savvy, reading forums, blogs and such. If you really wanted one bad enough you would've stayed up that first night and put your orders in at Office Depot or hopped on the various HP corporate perks sites and such. You could've bought one at full price and held out for a refund of the difference when they dropped the price at various stores. I know quite a few that did that. If you took the lazy approach, you got hosed, and you'll have a shot with the 2nd go around.

I do think certain devs and homebrew folk should have had a shot since they help keep webOS churning. On the dev side I think there should've been a requirement of having a certain number of apps in the store or a minimum # of downloads to show you deserve one and actively contribute to the community and aren't some shmo with a crap app just do have dev status.

Other than that, you snooze you lose. I got 2hrs of sleep that first night putting orders in all over knowing that some would get canceled. Have to hedge your bets.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    this has my support
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123