Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Okay so I received an update to my Touchpad App catalog this morning and now it is completely gone! Has this happened to anyone else? I would hope that HP isnt pulling the catalog as I just received my Touchpad today!
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Haven't had that problem. Have you tried doing a system restart under "device info"
    I have a related problem - after the App Catalog update, the app exists, but with a funny little circle next to the icon. If I run it, a browser opens at http://index.html, which doesn't load.

Also, in Software Manager, there is no version listed for the HP App Catalog.
    On rod's twitter, it says you can uninstall the catalog via preware, then it will come back after a reboot
    Quote Originally Posted by walk_n_wind View Post
    I have a related problem - after the App Catalog update, the app exists, but with a funny little circle next to the icon. If I run it, a browser opens at http://index.html, which doesn't load.

Also, in Software Manager, there is no version listed for the HP App Catalog.
    Restarting your device should fix the issue.

Happened to me once.
    How do you uninstall and reinstall the App Catalog thru Preware? I have looked thru the tabs and cant find the option? I updated my App Catalog yesterday morning (never installed any kernels or preware previously) and my touchpad has lost the app catalog as well. I lost all access to the app catalog (it had a yellow triangle over it and only opens to a blank white screen) rendering my TP useless since I couldnt load or install ANYTHING even the standard apps that are supposed to come with it like PDF Reader, Kindle, etc.

I've restarted a dozen times, and even done the full Erase data and Apps 4 times and everytime its the same thing.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Go into Dev Mode
    Then launch Web OS Quick Install
    Tools - Device Management
    In Drop down - Select Packages
    Find "HP App Catalog"
    If its there, select it and Uninstall it

Now its 100% removed (your Touchpad may reboot)

If it does, see if its back there...if not

Dev Mode
    Then launch Web OS Quick Install
    click on the "Globe" Icon
    Search for HP
    should be able to find it
    Install it
    Reboot touchpad

Let me know how it works
    Thanks for your response snow whitie, I went into Dev Mgmt and the App Catalog isnt there at ALL. All I have is 4 applications (Facebook for tablet, Quickoffice, Bible which was one of my downloaded apps and something that only shows as "This is a webOS application?).

I am in webOS Quick install now but when I search for HP, only some music program and TouchPlayer comes up. I was on applications tab. I searched on the other tabs and am getting no Applications Found error. I am using version 4.2.3 of webOS Quick Install. Is that the right version?
    Last edited by techprincesse; 08/28/2011 at 03:09 AM.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    mine loads a blank page each time as well. So far I hate this device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    Restarting your device should fix the issue.

Happened to me once.
    you were right - the app catalog somehow fixed itself and has returned!