Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    since alot of legacy users haven't been able to get their hands on a discounted TouchPad, i think it would be a nice gesture if HP gave us the opportunity to purchase one as soon as they get them back in stock. we shouldn't be left out on this amazing deal, while others are scooping up Touchpads left and right in hopes of one day being able to put android on it.

what do you guys think?...

time for a facebook/twitter blitz?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Would be nice, but HP won't go for it.

They may offer us a free printer though.
    sed51329#WN likes this.
    I still want my webOS toaster.
    would be nice...but dont nice guys finish last?
    It would be nice if they required a Palm ESN for the first 12 hours or something, but I sincerely doubt it.
    Didn't you ppl have the same chance to get one as those "wanting to put Android on it?"
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    they won't even commit to giving published developers (like me) access to firesale priced touchpads. we've been told "we'll see what we can do". i'm not holding my breath.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    would be nice...but dont nice guys finish last?
    That's what they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I still want my webOS toaster.
    Create a profile with us and you'll get this beautiful webOS toaster for free
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Why would the spend the time or money to reach out to a select few in order to sell them a discontinued product that is flying off the shelves?
    would be nice but frankly HP does not care...

COI: bitter legacy Handspring/Treo/Pre owner's miserable 48h trying & failing to buy a single TouchPad.
    I suggested on twitter that they allow precentral to sell a batch to legacy members for precentrals years of support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeko318 View Post
    Didn't you ppl have the same chance to get one as those "wanting to put Android on it?"
    As a matter of fact, I didn't. I had a chance when it came out on launch, and I did so. I was at work when all of this went down, and missed out, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

+1 OP
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    no, HP won't make anything right. HP will just screw us again like they have repeatedly since they acquired Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    As a matter of fact, I didn't. I had a chance when it came out on launch, and I did so. I was at work when all of this went down, and missed out, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

+1 OP
    I have missed many deals because I was stuck at work. I suppose I wish I had special treatment then too. But doesn't mean I figured it was right to do so.

Also.....No idea how long you actually work. But for 3 straight days the deal went on so, yeah.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeko318 View Post
    I have missed many deals because I was stuck at work. I suppose I wish I had special treatment then too. But doesn't mean I figured it was right to do so.

Also.....No idea how long you actually work. But for 3 straight days the deal went on so, yeah.
    Don't act like it was as simple as strolling into a store.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I tried going to a store 30 minutes after it opened Sunday after the drop, gone. I had only learned of the event by viewing the internet Saturday night. All the local stores were gone by Saturday night. On Sunday, I bought from onSale and it was just canceled today and finally refunded all my money. Tried some local BB's today and no luck.
    I wonder how many touchpads a single person bought and flipped on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    Don't act like it was as simple as strolling into a store.
    I wouldn't say that. But if ppl watched Slickdeals then they would of had the heads up.(It was posted before deal went live)

Although I am betting some ppl were lucky enough to get it by just strolling into a store.

Did a lot of work for the ones I found. Have had one canceled atm, and spent hours on the internet waiting for some to popup.

I am very curious where webos will go from here. Haven't used webos since I replaced my Pre and I am super excited to check it out. I always thought webos would make the perfect OS for tablets.
  20. aks
    HP should first offer the fire sale to people who bought WebOS devices before the tablet was released in the market...how cool would that be?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast