Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By VaccPalm
  • 2 Post By cdjh
  1.    #1  
    If you look at the sales on Ebay, they are being sold around the $250 range. This is with multiple bids and a lot of auctions closing. And if you think about it, its about the right pricing range for a tablet that is competing with Ipad. I think if they sold them directly at 279 or 299 from authorized retailers, the HP Touchpad would have still sold well. Too bad HP didn't do a little research and use a little more common sense.

Hopefully, some smarter company like a Samsung will look at the new user base of Web OS from the fire sale and take note of the selling "sweet spot" and grow it from there.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    You mean, let a market set the price for something?
    unless HP isn't trying to minimize their loss on webOS hardware, but are instead trying to maximize their sell value of webOS software...

Selling the touchpad at $250 wouldn't have generated a fifth of the riot this firesale has
    AT $350 you still would have gotten no sales really. the Viesonic Gtablet is down to $230 now and it does well but still did not save it and the company dropped it. Also it cost $299 I read to build a Tablet. HP needs to make money on it. and that $299 is only the tablet. add another $50 on every tablet for advertising , over head etc. They need to sell it for over $400 to make a profit.
    DizWhiz likes this.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    I think the saddest part is that people are buying $99 Touchpads for $250+ on ebay to scalpers. All it does it perpetuate the cycle and they fall for it every time.

I like the Touchpad,and I've tried my hardest to get one for $99/$150 but I refuse to pay a scalper on Ebay 2x that amount "just to get one". If you really wanted one you should have bought it for $399 when it was $100 less than retail. Now you paying "less" but still $150 OVER current retail value.

I know people are blaming the Ebay'ers with 200 to sell but people only have themselves to blame. Supply and demand right?
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Ebay = pure capitalism, imo. Something is only worth what others are willing to pay.
    angiest and bassace#WN like this.