Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By newsalt
  • 2 Post By deesugar
  1.    #1  
    In my rush to place my order I did not notice that I put in the wrong shipping address. I pretty much put in a hybrid of my home and work address. Work street address but home city and zip. I called FedEx and they told me that they can't do anything about it because of some agreement with HP, so I should contact them. I called HP and they said the only thing they can do is cancel my order and issue a refund. ....The thing is I dont want to cancel my order, do they not realize how hard it would be to place a new order.

Anyone have any advice on what to do?
    offer to pick it up in person at the fedex location before it goes out for delivery maybe?
    MercuryCrest likes this.
    Can't you ask them to hold it at the fedex building? and do a pickup? or find out where it's being delivered and contact them (face to face)
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by newsalt View Post
    offer to pick it up in person at the fedex location before it goes out for delivery maybe?
    I asked if I could and they said no, they have an agreement with HP that doesnt allow that. The rep said the only thing I could do is wait for the driver to scan the package and submit an address not found report and then try going on the website and correcting the address, but she says she doesnt know if I would be allowed to. FML
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Can't you ask them to hold it at the fedex building? and do a pickup? or find out where it's being delivered and contact them (face to face)
    It wont be delivered anywhere because it's a non existing address
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    If you track the package, I think there is an option to hold it at the facility. Check that.
    Sounds like you should change the title of the post to: "I F'd UP" instead of "HP Shipped to Wrong Address"
    kkhanmd and sracercelica like this.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Sounds like you should change the title of the post to: "I F'd UP" instead of "HP Shipped to Wrong Address"
    True....I just don't understand what the deal is with me going to pick it up at the facility. I would obviously have my ID.
    Try calling HP again. Sometimes you get a lame phone rep. And when all else fails ask for the manager.
    I fixed the thread title for you
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    True....I just don't understand what the deal is with me going to pick it up at the facility. I would obviously have my ID.
    If you track it on the web, do you see it go somewhere or is it just not going anywhere because it's confused? Try and call them again, they may allow you to put it on hold at a facility, but you have to intercept it at the right moment.
  12.    #12  
    Try calling HP again. Sometimes you get a lame phone rep. And when all else fails ask for the manager.
    Yeah Im going to try that, because I felt the Indian guy I got didn't really understand me.

First Im going to try FedEx again.
    Yeah Im going to try that, because I felt the Indian guy I got didn't really understand me.

First Im going to try FedEx again.
    Don't bother calling FedEx, waste of time. [I've dealt with this before]

It will go to the nearest FedEx location to your fictional address, at that point it will be dealt with.

I would recommend you deal with HP first but if that fails do this:

Print out all your orders and information (including proof of your home and work address) and head to that FedEx location in person. Calmly explain to them the situation and you will probably get further then talking to a 800 rep over the phone. It worked for me once.
    You have to keep in mind that although most people are good, mail fraud is a huge problem for companies like FedEx and anytime they have to do something unusual and not according to protocol they get real hesitant to do that.

There could be 100 John Smiths in a given area at different addresses. It would be a huge liability for FedEx or any company to start letting any John Smith over the phone claim ownership to a fictitious address bound package.

That's why you have to go in person with proof to even have a shot at this.
  15.    #15  
    Well I called FedEx again, I explained to the rep what had happened but this time omitted the fact that the order was from HP. She asked me for my tracking numbers and and proceeded to correct the address (or so she said). I guess it's a waiting game now to see whether she was able to do so.
    Well I called FedEx again, I explained to the rep what had happened but this time omitted the fact that the order was from HP. She asked me for my tracking numbers and and proceeded to correct the address (or so she said). I guess it's a waiting game now to see whether she was able to do so.

I would verify that on the website. You have to ask yourself how much is this worth to you? If you can live with missing the package and having your money refunded then you're good to go.

If you'd be upset that you left the fate of your package to a 800 rep then I'd go in person and talk with them just to be on the safe side.
  17.    #17  
    I would verify that on the website. You have to ask yourself how much is this worth to you? If you can live with missing the package and having your money refunded then you're good to go.

If you'd be upset that you left the fate of your package to a 800 rep then I'd go in person and talk with them just to be on the safe side.
    Yeah, just to be on the safe side I will be going to the FedEx location in person tomorrow. I believe the delivery center is the same for both addresses as they are only a few miles apart.
    I am sorry for laughing at your expense, but this is funny I F'd up is an appropriate heading... Kidding aside, it does not matter what the rep said, I feel confident that you should be able to have them hold the item for you at the location. You can tell them you are going out of town for awhile or something.