1.    #1  
    Hi, need help guys. I unboxed my touchpad today and left it for 3 hours to the power socket (that I know works) to charge the device, but I can't turn it on. I can't tell if the device is even charging, as the screen is blank. Should the centre button light up to indicate it is receiving a charge?

I noticed that the supplied usb cord doesn't have a snug fit to the TP (i.e. it wiggles) and I fear that could be cause of why it is not charging (having read some thread about similar issue).

I contacted HP help desk and they just fobbed me off by stating it takes 6 hours charge and said there is no light to indicate whether its charging or not. But I just thought I'll check with the forum members here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ian
    when TP has no charge and you connect to outlet, led at bottom is lit, after 30 minutes charging battery comes up on screen and after another 30 minutes it boots. Make sure the charger is correct and in secure, try holding the power button down for 10 secs and see if that helps.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the quick reply. As I suspected TP is not charging even as the led doesn't even light up and the Help Desk just fobbed me off!!! Just makes me mad. Right, will have to spend another hour explaining to another morn tomorrow to get a replacement usb cord or other solution.
    I know what's wrong, you havenot centered in deadright, move your TP a little this or that way, and you would be surprised.
    If this helped you hit thanks.