Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'm sorry to post this unnecessary thread, but I just wanted to let you all know that since I've had no progress with my Insight or HP SMB orders I took a trip to my local Best Buy about 30 minutes before it opened because the Best Buy site said they had some in stock.

Well I get there just before 9:30 (store opens at 10), and there's like 15 people already in line. At this point I'm just like "I have a bad feeling I won't get one." A guy who works there came in line behind me and he told me that they got 40-60 in last night and that he didn't think many would be left because all the employees bought one last night.

Well a lady comes out around 9:50 to hand us a paper to reserve our TouchPad. She tells us they had 9 of the 32GB and 12 of the 16GB and one per person. I'm number 18 in line so I'm UBER relieved that I made the cut of 21. I end up getting a 32GB because all the 16s have already been accounted for, but that's okay because I kind of needed that little push to get the 32 instead aha.

After this super stressful and sleepless past 3 days I finally got a TouchPad at Best Buy and I could not be any happier! Good luck to everyone and their orders or trips to Best Buy. Already have an interesting story? Tell it here
    prim8 and cdbillups like this.
    Congrats and welcome to the club. Please if you get the ones from insight or HP SMB and don't want it come the the site and sell it to a webOS fan who actually wants one and not on craiglist or ebay.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    My best buy says they're probably getting a shipment around 5, so I'm off to camp in the electronics section at 2 haha
    I'm gonna take this as a positive sign and go get in line at the local best buy
    USRobotics Palm Pilot -> Palm 3e -> Treo 180 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Check out this best buy for a laugh. Local number: 770-939-7660

"We do not have any HP Touchpads, and we will not be getting any more. If you still want to talk to someone, press 1" is in the initial recording.

HP sure knows how to create buzz.
    loug they all say that, regardless of whether they get shipments like this in
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Got mine this morning at Pentagon City in Va. Now I'm wondering what accessories to get. Walmart didn't have any.
    Congrats on your TP find. Same thing happened to one of my gadget loving co-workers this morning at a BB in NYC. On a side note, ever since the fire sale started I've seen many post that mentioned the employees was scooping them up just as eagerly as us WebOS fans. That's ironic to me we as they wasn't pushing the product or at the very least steered users to Ipads and Android tablets before the HP bomb.
    bigedschukar likes this.
    A friend and I picked ours up at Best Buy this morning. I'm very excited!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645 View Post
    A friend and I picked ours up at Best Buy this morning. I'm very excited!
    YAY! I'm happy for y'all
    scored one at BB in Sacto (Arden). Theyhad 8 (4 of each) which are now gone..and Touchstone for 35
    My coworker just received two in the mail here at work. lol From Best Buy. They must have some more they have to get rid of.
    Got mine Sunday morning at BB on the way to work, before trying to attempt to get one online. Haven't put it down since. I came into it not thinking much or knowing much about the webOS after a few days now I truly believe that webOS can make for an awesome tablet experience and have no plans to flash android on this..anytime soon.
    Congrats! I did the same thing this morning. I have been stalking online sites trying to get my hands on ONE and began to get discouraged that I would never get one. In my last bit of hope, I went to Best Buys inventory checker and my store in N.C. was reporting they had some. I arrived a few minutes before the store opened and almost gave up because of how long the line was. I got in line anyway and when everyone ran inside the reps said they had close to a hundred of them and that we would all get one. I walked out with a 16GB model and can't wait to check it outl when I get home today!

On another note, it bothered me that so many people in line had no idea what WebOS was. They were just buying it because they heard it was on sale. One guy even kept calling it an Android tablet smh. O well, glad I finally got one. Now I just need to find some accessories.
    From launch day Pre- to firesale TouchPad.
    'Coming Soon" for 16gb and 32 gb at the sale price so they must have a load of them in their warehouse. The fire sale is far from over.

Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    I'm sorry to post this unnecessary thread, but I just wanted to let you all know that since I've had no progress with my Insight or HP SMB orders I took a trip to my local Best Buy about 30 minutes before it opened because the Best Buy site said they had some in stock.

Well I get there just before 9:30 (store opens at 10), and there's like 15 people already in line. At this point I'm just like "I have a bad feeling I won't get one." A guy who works there came in line behind me and he told me that they got 40-60 in last night and that he didn't think many would be left because all the employees bought one last night.

Well a lady comes out around 9:50 to hand us a paper to reserve our TouchPad. She tells us they had 9 of the 32GB and 12 of the 16GB and one per person. I'm number 18 in line so I'm UBER relieved that I made the cut of 21. I end up getting a 32GB because all the 16s have already been accounted for, but that's okay because I kind of needed that little push to get the 32 instead aha.

After this super stressful and sleepless past 3 days I finally got a TouchPad at Best Buy and I could not be any happier! Good luck to everyone and their orders or trips to Best Buy. Already have an interesting story? Tell it here
    only because they could get something that cost $500 for $100. they probably dont even have a computer at home. I just talked to a BB.com agent on the phone about something and she told me she and her husband dont have a computer at home but thought it's a good deal maybe we can do something with it or give it as gifts so they bought 10 of them and sold them to neighbors etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jay005 View Post
    Congrats! I did the same thing this morning. I have been stalking online sites trying to get my hands on ONE and began to get discouraged that I would never get one. In my last bit of hope, I went to Best Buys inventory checker and my store in N.C. was reporting they had some. I arrived a few minutes before the store opened and almost gave up because of how long the line was. I got in line anyway and when everyone ran inside the reps said they had close to a hundred of them and that we would all get one. I walked out with a 16GB model and can't wait to check it outl when I get home today!

On another note, it bothered me that so many people in line had no idea what WebOS was. They were just buying it because they heard it was on sale. One guy even kept calling it an Android tablet smh. O well, glad I finally got one. Now I just need to find some accessories.
    i've been trying to find this inventory checker on BB.com. where is it exactly?

any help would be appreciated
    since you didnt know much about it? were you able to update to 3.02 etc etc? just interested because i'm waiting for mine to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by prekoki View Post
    Got mine Sunday morning at BB on the way to work, before trying to attempt to get one online. Haven't put it down since. I came into it not thinking much or knowing much about the webOS after a few days now I truly believe that webOS can make for an awesome tablet experience and have no plans to flash android on this..anytime soon.
    I sent my Father to his Best Buy this morning before they opened and he got one of only 4 32GB units.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    only because they could get something that cost $500 for $100. they probably dont even have a computer at home. I just talked to a BB.com agent on the phone about something and she told me she and her husband dont have a computer at home but thought it's a good deal maybe we can do something with it or give it as gifts so they bought 10 of them and sold them to neighbors etc.
    I guess I didn't look at it that way. Either way, I'm just glad that more people are coming to know WebOS. I've been for since my Pre- and when it died, I didn't want to change carriers to get a pre 2. I just hope there's enough to go around for those that really want one.
    From launch day Pre- to firesale TouchPad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast