Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I was lucky enough to be standing in a Best Buy when a shipment of the $99/$149 TP's came in. I snagged two. I am now trying to update them with the lastest software 3.0.2 68 but it keeps timing out. I get a "connection lost, try again" multiple times during the download and unpacking process. It will also get to the very end of "unpacking" and then it kicks out and displays that the TP is up to date even though it is not. Anyone else having these issues? Is it the traffic on the servers or is the update dead? thanks
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty78 View Post
    I was lucky enough to be standing in a Best Buy when a shipment of the $99/$149 TP's came in. I snagged two. I am now trying to update them with the lastest software 3.0.2 68 but it keeps timing out. I get a "connection lost, try again" multiple times during the download and unpacking process. It will also get to the very end of "unpacking" and then it kicks out and displays that the TP is up to date even though it is not. Anyone else having these issues? Is it the traffic on the servers or is the update dead? thanks
    Server's overloaded.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    I had the same issue. Once it hangs at unpacking, throw the card away. Then immediately open updates again and itll let you install.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    sweet! trying it now.
    it froze on unpacking for me ruffly 25min... From start to fin the whole process was an hour
    I've heard that restarting the device can allow the update to work properly. A LOT of people are getting TouchPads today, either through the mail or at Best Buy, so the servers are being hounded.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    if it hangs up while unpacking & it's been longer than 5-10 min. Toss the card & go reopen the update app. Should finish the install fine. If you're downloading & it times out or loses connection, that's simply bc they are getting slammed with so many people updating too, but luckily the download has transfer points so when you reach a %, like around 33% and 66% for example, it will retain that portion of the update & resume at 33% or 66. I don't know the exact %ages, but it should help ease things so you won't have to start all over again & then people would have tough time getting it all before invariably someone else trying to update would cause server congestion & possibly knock you off the connection which could become a vicious cycle because it'd be tough to get the full update & more & more people would keep trying! It's also how they can download the updates in the background without gimping your data connection by getting portions of it when you are idle & not using data services. That only applies when the user doesn't initiate the update- which we know is rare since most people will hound the update & refresh every so often when an update is anticipated & pretty much most people get wind of these updates via the rumor mill like here at precentral. Best of luck all & I hope you enjoy ur new TP as much as I do!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    if u log into your webos profile you can download the 3.0.2 doctor, just run that and you'll be updated... idk if this takes longer or is not advised but it worked for me.