Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    When Best Buy looks at shippment and it doesn't show any comming is that right or they just getting them without notice. Anyone know this answer.

Are they getting them by UPS or Fedex. If you know answer please.
    That would be why they are not showing in transit on the screen. But getting some through the day.

Because its funny I miss getting one every day. Means they are lying.
    There's a special place in hell for those individuals who are purchasing the Touchpads in bulk. I got a 32GB last Saturday (thanks to a certain store manager); however, I would much rather have two 16GB versions instead.
    bcumings likes this.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lespaulman67 View Post
    When Best Buy looks at shippment and it doesn't show any comming is that right or they just getting them without notice. Anyone know this answer.

That would be why they are not showing in transit on the screen. But getting some through the day.

I would like to know this as well.... its very frustrating, especially if this is true...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lespaulman67 View Post

I am not sure if it is the same for every store, but I went into my local BB (Atlanta) this morning and chatted with someone in the computer department.

His daily shipments come in around 2pm via UPS. He has no idea what is actually on the truck until it arrives (he had been told to expect Touchpads yesterday but they weren't on the truck.) Typically if the truck is on time the new items are ready to be sold by 4:30 or 5.

Or so he said...
    The BestBuy in La Crosse/Onalaska WI received 20 units yesterday. I just found out today at a RadioShack today, the RadioShack rep said that they thought BestBuy would be receiving 20 units, according to their inventory system. I was skeptical but I went to BestBuy and sure enough, they received 20 yesterday and sold out of course. The BestBuy rep also said that BestBuy would NEVER be receiving any future shipments of the Touchpad.

I am not sure if he was annoyed or just stating that their warehouse inventory of Touchpads are depleted.
    a lot of the best buy employees I call just seem annoyed. I would not take what they say at face value
    The manager at my store in Mechanicsville, VA (who is a *******) said they might be getting some on Saturday.
    Orem, UT say maybe today or tomorrow via UPS couldn't give me any time frame.
    I'll be stopping at all of the local Best Buys here in Milwaukee, WI. Just came back from Mayfair and was told (with limited amount of confidence) that they do not have any and are not getting more.
    All the ones I've talked to said pretty much the same thing. They wil get more. Shipments come in the middle of the day.
    Any one hear about the Detroit area?
    My local BB said they put them out after store closing and will be available the next morning, if they get some. Their employees can get them the night before though. That is what happened at one store. The employees got theirs last night and therefore only a few available for sale this morning. That is a perk of working there. I don't really mind that, as long as they don't hoard them for themselves.

I know my BB is getting their shipment delivered right now (saw the truck at the loading dock). I will stop by after work one more time, just in case they get put out tonight, otherwise I'm going by 1st thing in the morning.
    BB in West ELP TX had a line of about 40 in the morning. Store opened. They had a stock of 3.. THREE.. and the first 3 people in line already had coupons for it. What a joke.. 3
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    BB in West Hartford CT had a sign on the door stating they were CURRENTLY out of stock. Might see if I can get one pre-hurricane!
    I called my BBY Tuesday night right before closing and they said that they didn't have any.

I went to the store yesterday morning before they opened and stood outside the door. I was the first one in when the door opened and I went straight to the computer dept. They had some in stock (I have no idea how many). The guy said "Do you want a 16 or 32?" I grabbed a 32. They were enforcing one purchase per customer. Other people behind me tried getting more than one, but they wouldn't let them. They were sold out in about half an hour.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    We got some here in Corpus Christi, Texas' Best Buy today, the guy told me they got in (60) of them. They went fast but I got one
    Quote Originally Posted by WaleE View Post
    The BestBuy in La Crosse/Onalaska WI received 20 units yesterday. I just found out today at a RadioShack today, the RadioShack rep said that they thought BestBuy would be receiving 20 units, according to their inventory system. I was skeptical but I went to BestBuy and sure enough, they received 20 yesterday and sold out of course. The BestBuy rep also said that BestBuy would NEVER be receiving any future shipments of the Touchpad.

I am not sure if he was annoyed or just stating that their warehouse inventory of Touchpads are depleted.
    Went to the Best Buy in Tucson, AZ this morning (they get their shipment tomorrow night) and the manager said the same thing. After this batch... that's the last call.
    Update for CA people: Have a cousin in CA... he said City of Industry Best Buy has 16GB. Don't know how many...
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    I am not sure if it is the same for every store, but I went into my local BB (Atlanta) this morning and chatted with someone in the computer department.

His daily shipments come in around 2pm via UPS. He has no idea what is actually on the truck until it arrives (he had been told to expect Touchpads yesterday but they weren't on the truck.) Typically if the truck is on time the new items are ready to be sold by 4:30 or 5.

Or so he said...
    Yeah this sounds about right. A guy in line was telling me he works at the store and he said it can come via UPS, FedEx, etc or there truck. He checked before he left last night and there were none scheduled, yet early today a coworker sent him a text that about 20 came in last night. And that was more than they were expecting. He also HP is to blame for some of this confusion too.
    I forgot to ask if they would get any more tomorrow. Oh well... I'm growing weary of the chase anyway. They should have just put them all online.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast