Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Colma, Ca got 15 today. Manager says try again tomorrow.
    Phillipsburg, NJ had about 16 of each 16 gig and 32 gig at 10:15 am. No lines. There were staff handing out ticets to buy them; they were well prepared. I was in and out in 10 mins. No accessories, though.
    None of the BBs around here have gotten any. They don't seem to think they'll be getting any more. While I generally take what a BB employee says with a grain of salt, I'm inclined to believe it. There are no lines at any stores, which means that it's not overly advantageous for BB to ship to this area.
    What about NYC? Anyone?
    Anybody in Milwaukee? I checked the Menomonee Falls store yesterday, but noting. I'm checking the Mayfair store today at lunch. I'm kicking myself for not just ordering one online this weekend at the higher prices and hoping for the refund.
    Corpus Christi had maybe 60 to 70 today
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    What about NYC? Anyone?
    Not at a BB, but apparently B&H has some in stock as of a 1/2 hour ago. However, they are likely gone already.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    i live in queens ny and i got mine yesterday
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    East Stroudsburg, Pa got some. I just walked out with two, 1x16 and 1x32 gig. Did anyone else know that one per person meant only one kind of gig tablet. Apparently they let me get one of each. I'm done shopping for my friends. My wife and I have one each and now both of my friends have one each. Aren't I such a great friend. Thank God the madness is over!
    What about NYC? Anyone?
    Have you tried the union square best buy?
    Easton, PA has some at 11:30, but there's about 20 people in line. They're just now selling them, unlike Phillipsburg which had them on sale at 10am. They're probably all spoken for here at Easton. Darn route 78 West traffic held me up.
    What about NYC? Anyone?
    I was in front of brooklyn BB and once we get in they told us they have none, and I asked if it's possible to check the system maybe some other stores have it. And he checked the inventory and I saw only 6th ave store has only 6 but staten island is expecting 40 but he doesn't know when they will get
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I'm so aggravated at this point. I woke up early, saw there was inventory listed on the online tracker that was new (ie listed after store closing) at the Concord Pike DE store. Drove over asap prepared to wait. Just one pair of guys arrived before me.

They had only one Touchpad from a return and it went to them. I don't know whether to scream or cry. This is on the heels of missing out on a shipment yesterday + an OnSale Amazon cancellation. And now with the hurricane coming it's going to be extra crappy to try to find one. This frigging thing is ruining my week. /vent

Corncord Pike said that Cherry Hill NJ would have a new shipment. If I'd gone straight there maybe I'd have had a chance, arrgh.
    Stopped by my local BB on the way home (5:30 A.M.) and there was nobody camped out so I'm gonna head back up there now and see if things are the same.

*Update* No point in coming to pacific ave in Stockton! Already gone!
    Last edited by Preluva; 08/25/2011 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lfeuln View Post
    I'm so aggravated at this point. I woke up early, saw there was inventory listed on the online tracker that was new (ie listed after store closing) at the Concord Pike DE store. Drove over asap prepared to wait. Just one pair of guys arrived before me.

They had only one Touchpad from a return and it went to them. I don't know whether to scream or cry. This is on the heels of missing out on a shipment yesterday + an OnSale Amazon cancellation. And now with the fecking hurricane coming it's going to be extra crappy to try to find one. This frigging thing is ruining my week. /vent
    It honestly would be nice if there was some kind of system in place to let you know what stores were getting some. I think Best Buy wants people kept in the dark so that you continuously go into their stores. However, I think it's annoying the crap out of employees.
    Best Buy loves that people are coming into their stores because it means more opportunity for them to sell stuff. They were announcing offers to people waiting in line for the Touchpad. Portable WiFi hotspot (with cellular service plan) for $100 off "so the Touchpad is essentially free". Offering to check people's cell phone upgrade date to sell them a new phone.

Best Buy really did a good job with today's round of Touchpad sales. Streamlined, efficient, and up-sells ready to go.
    Best Buy in NC got a shipment of almost 100 and sold out in less than an hour. I managed to snag one. People were buying them, running out to their cars to put away their purchase, and then running back in to get another one. Maybe I should have gotten two also?
    From launch day Pre- to firesale TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox31 View Post
    Best Buy loves that people are coming into their stores because it means more opportunity for them to sell stuff. They were announcing offers to people waiting in line for the Touchpad. Portable WiFi hotspot (with cellular service plan) for $100 off "so the Touchpad is essentially free". Offering to check people's cell phone upgrade date to sell them a new phone.

Best Buy really did a good job with today's round of Touchpad sales. Streamlined, efficient, and up-sells ready to go.
    Yea they did the same thing at my local Best Buy. Some people took the bait but the majority of the crowd just kept their eyes on the stack of touchpads by the checkout counter lol.
    From launch day Pre- to firesale TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lfeuln View Post

They had only one Touchpad from a return and it went to them. I don't know whether to scream or cry. This is on the heels of missing out on a shipment yesterday + an OnSale Amazon cancellation. And now with the hurricane coming it's going to be extra crappy to try to find one. This frigging thing is ruining my week. /vent

Corncord Pike said that Cherry Hill NJ would have a new shipment. If I'd gone straight there maybe I'd have had a chance, arrgh.
    I lost the link to the online tracker. Could you please post it?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    This store frustrates the crap out of me... A friend and I stopped by the Manchester, CT one at lunch yesterday to ask about their stock (or planned stock) and the guy told us to check in at 9 PM or first thing the next morning... We left and I came back at 8:30 PM to a saleswoman telling a potential customer that they had gotten 50 of each in and promptly sold out in a half and hour... WHAT THE HELL?????

So I went back today since she told me they get shipments midday on a regular basis, they didn't get any today.... AHHHH

This sucks
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast