Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Best Buy in Wilmington DE got 41 in this morning. All gone in minutes. I was around #55 in line with lots of folks behind me.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Nothing at BB in Pleasanton and no idea if they were getting any in. The girl was a real ***** about it with her damn little school girl attitude.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Pretty dissappointed with Best Buy employees I've talked to. All of them have said "we're sold out and not getting more." But that was the same thing my girl was told Sunday morning when she was 1st in line at 9am. She waited anyway, and got one, since it turned out the employee was just lieing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JirafaBo View Post
    Pretty dissappointed with Best Buy employees I've talked to. All of them have said "we're sold out and not getting more." But that was the same thing my girl was told Sunday morning when she was 1st in line at 9am. She waited anyway, and got one, since it turned out the employee was just lieing.
    It's not the employee's fault...it's their lack of communication from upper management. My son works for BB and was told by store management Friday that they had already shipped all 84 units back to HP when in fact they had not. I pestered the Hull out of them Sat. afternoon about how Walmart, Staples, etc. were selling them for $99 & 2 hrs. later they put them on sale! So these employees only know what they're told & my son said that corporate didn't give them the go ahead until 5pm...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    The bby here that the website showed got some, had none when I called and the girl said that it was the 5-6th call shes had like that, but they never got any.
    Treo 680, Treo 750, Pre-, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Just heard my local Best Buy had 50-60 and sold out in 30 mins of opening. I missed out again.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    My wife got lucky today. She went to the BB in Brentwood CA before they had opened to try to find one and they told her nothing had come in yet. (there were 3 other people looking for Touchpads also) She left and went home. She had to go out again an hour later and decided to stop by just to check. Good thing she did. She found the manager of the store and asked him if any Touchpads came in. He said "you are in luck, they just arrived and they are unloading the truck right now". She picked up a 32GB. She forgot to ask how many they got in. So there you have it they can come in at anytime. Good luck out there....
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I worked electronics retail at the time of the Nintendo Wii, and it was like this as well. Sometimes Nintendo and corporate wouldn't even notify us of dropshipments. We would get like 4 units in 1 afternoon, and sell them all within minutes. We would just tell people we had no idea when they were coming in, but people though we were lying
    One south of Nashville got 38 (None sent to any other Nashville-area stores, it appears). People were in line before they opened and the first 38 were handed a ticket, so they were all "gone" before the store opened.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    BB in Parma, Ohio got some today, went there at lunch for a Touchstone (missed it by one person) and the employee first told me 100 each (16/32) so I left and then called the fiance and asked if I should get a Touchpad for her and she said yes.. Went back and then he said they were taking number and he only had like 10 16's and 8 32's... I just said screw it and left because I didn't want to deal with the line wait for it...
    I can say for Brooklyn BB, they had more than 70, because I was the 70th on the line and many people bought even after me.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Just tried again at my store in Dublin, Ca. Still nothing. Said they didn't get any in today. So either they'll get some in later and I'll be screwed or I try again tomorrow morning, which I don't really want to
    Quote Originally Posted by skyscanr View Post
    Vallejo, California is suppose to get some in today
    vallejo got 17 in...all gone, I was #23 :-(
    None of the local BBs got any in today. One apparently got some in yesterday randomly. Grr.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    I worked electronics retail at the time of the Nintendo Wii, and it was like this as well. Sometimes Nintendo and corporate wouldn't even notify us of dropshipments. We would get like 4 units in 1 afternoon, and sell them all within minutes. We would just tell people we had no idea when they were coming in, but people though we were lying
    I remember those days, most of the time the customers knew we were getting them before we did.
    man kansas city, bring some TP here, anybody?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    The manager at my local Best Buy told me this afternoon that they won't be getting any more. I can't let myself believe him. I think I'll swing by again tomorrow...and the next day...
    Went to yonkers NY today, and nothing. But i spotted the last touchstone for 40bucks even after the guy told me they ran out of everything. I saw 8 bt keyboards too. didnt pick one up tho. no cases.
    i went by a local best buy today, and was told that they have a few coming, but won't be able to sell them because HP was recalling them. Dont know how much I can believe the best buy person. I guess they got some and sold them yesterday also.
    Bought 2 from BB online. Told me ready for instore pickup but the manager said I can only get one when I got there. Sucky.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast