Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By finngirl
  • 1 Post By zerodegre
  • 1 Post By hparsons
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    I need 4 for my business.. 16 or 32s.. am i SOL or is thire any place to find these units?? I just ooened a tech business and needed em.. thanks
    if you order 1, get your aunt to order one, get your grandpa to order one, and get your dog to order one, you should be ok. That is assuming you get everyone to order once the 2nd firesale hits (we don't know when that will happen).

Places are going to limit 1 or 2 per customer. The best thing you can do is check this site and other major retailers to see if it hits.
  3.    #3  
    ??? confused by that post lol anyway.. i had orders in with barnes and nobles and they canceled them all... sucks
  4.    #4  
    PS if you call my local Best Buy here.. there is a recording that says there are no units in stock and we are not getting anymore lol that's the first thing on the message ...
    craigslist or ebay if you're desperate for 4 of them...
    if you go to HP Central Redirection you'll be redirected to the HP Touchpad site. Prominently featured on the left side of the page is a button that reads "Notify me if product is available again." I'd suggest signing up. Probably your best bet for getting ahold of a couple.
    there is always craigslist and ebay.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Walmart site says "Coming Soon" for both the 16 and 32 GB Touchpads.
    Quote Originally Posted by zerodegre View Post
    I need 4 for my business.. 16 or 32s.. am i SOL or is thire any place to find these units?? I just ooened a tech business and needed em.. thanks

You need them?

Two weeks ago, that would have cost you $2000, plus sales tax.

But right now, you can go to eBay and buy them all for about $880, no tax, for all four!

Or do you not need them as much when they are at just a 60% discount?
    omahawildcat and r-nice like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    Walmart site says "Coming Soon" for both the 16 and 32 GB Touchpads.
    They don't even have the touchpads in the database, where do you see this?
  11.    #11  
    it was not financially feasible when they cost 2000.. At this price i can afford them.. we are a startup company and things are tight.. I guess in the end i could do business without them or find an alternative.. but would be great to find some at this price.. or ever paying like 150-175 each...
    OP- check your private messages, i sent you a pm regarding 2 of these.
    Quote Originally Posted by zerodegre View Post
    it was not financially feasible when they cost 2000.. At this price i can afford them.. we are a startup company and things are tight.. I guess in the end i could do business without them or find an alternative.. but would be great to find some at this price.. or ever paying like 150-175 each...
    Follow @BrynaAtHP on Twitter. There won't be any more in the HP SMB store. The direct avenue will be from the HP Home and Home Office store or HP Academy. Both use the same inventory. Even if there are 100,000 in inventory, it could become another "feeding frenzy".
    Dan Donovan
  14.    #14  
    <<staff edit>>

I have hunted.. been to 20 stores locally.. called everyone .. checked craigs.. every site there is.. i have at this point made 8 orders all of which have gotten canceled.. b and N, HP site.. CDW ect...
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/24/2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: quoted rude comment removed
    micahdg likes this.
    <staff edit>

zerodegre hope you find what you're looking for, and your business is successful. If I see some around during the "2nd fire sale", I'll do my best to come back and let you know.

I might also suggest keeping a close watch on Twitter, that seems to be the quickest way to find deals. FWIW, @pamelahazelton seems to just about live on Twitter, and she's been posting great deals as she finds them.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/24/2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: quoted comment removed - original deleted
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    micahdg likes this.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    They don't even have the touchpads in the database, where do you see this?
    It's on the Walmart: Electronics: HP page. I have refreshed it several times and it remains "Coming Soon"
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    You guys are being really harsh here, geez.

zerodegre, what I do to catch the deals is to have about 40 tabs open on all the product pages I'm looking for on all the popular sites, like bestbuy, staples, office depot, amazon, cdw, tigerdirect, newegg, etc. Refresh them all every ten minutes and check them all for price changes
    <<thread cleansed>>

Guys... rude comments towards other members are not tolerated here. The OP came in looking for help and received some very rude replies. I do suggest that all of the newer members review our Forum Guidelines to understand our posting rules. OP... sorry for the comments from some of our members.

If anyone sees inappropriate/rude comments, please hit the Report button for us.

Thanks!
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    You need them?

Two weeks ago, that would have cost you $2000, plus sales tax.

But right now, you can go to eBay and buy them all for about $880, no tax, for all four!

Or do you not need them as much when they are at just a 60% discount?
    I submit that few, if any, of us literally "need" a tablet computer. They're not food or water. However, if we're talking "need" as in "it's needed for something else I'm doing", then I'd say that cost is a factor. Everyone balances what it costs to what it does (with some "what can I afford", and "what can I afford not to do" thrown in).
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!