1.    #1  
    I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread dedicated to Amazon UK TP orders.

So I ordered the 16GB TP from Amazon early on Monday morning for the price of 312. Contacted them on Live Chat to ask if I could get the difference refunded if a price drop happened. Was told no and that I would have to cancel. I didn't cancel and decided to call them when it arrives and appeal to their good nature.

I've also heard stories of people being told that they can have a partial refund providing they purchased the TP before the 12th August.

I didn't actually ever see TP's on the Amazon site for the reduced price. Did anyone else?

What is the state of your order? Did you order at the higher or lower price? Has your order been cancelled? Did you ask Amazon about a partial refund if you bought it for full price? What did they say?

Lets see if we can make things a little clearer for all of us that are waiting.
  2.    #2  
    Right, just to keep all you Amazon UK customers up to date. I've just been on the Live Chat for the umpteenth time to ask about partial refunds and instead of the usual 'We do not offer a post price match' I was told:

Saleem: I would like to inform you that we are currently aware of this issue and are waiting for further information.

So maybe they are going to start issuing refunds. Who knows. But as they have changed their standard answer I would guess something's afoot.
  3.    #3  
    BREAK THROUGH - Amazon UK have just confirmed to me that anyone who bought a TouchPad before the UK price drop will have the difference refunded to them.

I was told this be an Amazon CSR on the phone. Apparentl they are waiting for more info on pricing from HP and the wait is just a formality. The refunds are coming!
    hi billyboy,
    have you heard anything further? I'm in the same boat as you and had similar, but not quite so definitive words said to me!
    apparently tomorrow I should have an answer, but they have given a few dates I should have a solid answer by that have come and gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    BREAK THROUGH - Amazon UK have just confirmed to me that anyone who bought a TouchPad before the UK price drop will have the difference refunded to them.

I was told this be an Amazon CSR on the phone. Apparentl they are waiting for more info on pricing from HP and the wait is just a formality. The refunds are coming!
    Did you buy from Amazon UK or a reseller?
    I'm sitting on 3x 32gb units from Amazon UK that I ordered last Monday at full price (for family & friends).

I have raised a case with Amazon regarding a partial refund and their last response ( 25th August) was that they needed until August 31st to think about it and respond.

Meanwhile I've been geing to know my own touchpad (picked up from PCW) and I'm very happy with it (especially after applying all the patches and tweaks recommended on this site).
    Last edited by gonzoxl5; 08/31/2011 at 09:35 AM.
    Following this thread on Amazon:

Amazon.co.uk: Customer Discussions: Partial refund?

It seems people are getting the 'we'll know what we're doing' date pushed back, some have said 5th of September!

Are they hoping to push it back until we die of old age?

I don't think the time allowed in DSR or Amazon's return rules apply after you start talking about the return, so we should be safe if Amazon do say that they will not do the partial refunds (at which point I'll probably be returning mine and buying one from eBay!)

RandomCake