1.    #1  
    I'm on a new Macbook Pro, with Lion, and I can't figure out how to load videos and photos onto the touchpad. I get the USB Drive option, but otherwise don't see the Touchpad.
    What do you mean you don't see the Touchpad? You mean you selected USB Drive but your Macbook Pro isn't recognizing it?

I would try restarting both your laptop and your TP and try again. If that doesn't work, then do a search of the forums to see if anyone else has had the same problem using OSX.

Once you do get your TP successfully connected and if you transfer over videos, music or other rich media, after you properly disconnect your TP restart it because sometimes newly transferred media files don't appear right away.

Good luck!
    I am, therefore I think
  3.    #3  
    So what folder should they get dropped into when I attach it as a USB device? DCIM?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I have a MBP too.

If you connect to your mac and select the USB drive mode, a drive (untitled) should appear on your desktop. That's the user-writeable section of the TP's Flash memory.
    You can then create a directory on that drive "NewVideos" or "Season1" and then copy over videos to that directory. Then eject the drive an all done.

Now, the built-in video player is extremely finicky about videos and doesn't support many codecs. There's a thread on handbrake and the touchpad that will tell you how to recode your videos so that the TP's built-in video player with like them. If that's too much trouble, $7 will get you KalemSoft's media player from the App Catalog and I highly recommend it. Plays just about anything.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbf1138 View Post
    So what folder should they get dropped into when I attach it as a USB device? DCIM?
    Doesn't matter.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    If it doesn't appear on your desktop, check your settings on the Mac.
  7. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I have a MBP too.

If you connect to your mac and select the USB drive mode, a drive (untitled) should appear on your desktop. That's the user-writeable section of the TP's Flash memory.
    You can then create a directory on that drive "NewVideos" or "Season1" and then copy over videos to that directory. Then eject the drive an all done.

Now, the built-in video player is extremely finicky about videos and doesn't support many codecs. There's a thread on handbrake and the touchpad that will tell you how to recode your videos so that the TP's built-in video player with like them. If that's too much trouble, $7 will get you KalemSoft's media player from the App Catalog and I highly recommend it. Plays just about anything.
    Same.

Just put the Touchpad in USB mode and on your desktop you should see a removable storage drive show up as "HP Touchpad." Just open it and create a folder called Movies or Videos (this will be the name that shows up in your Photos and Videos app). From there, just drag and drop your files in.

There is a 2 gig playable limit on the Touchpad, however. I tried loading a 2.16G MP4 and it wouldn't play audio or video. Loaded a 1.99G MP4 and had no issues. Also loaded a 400MB M4V without problems.

Since you have a MBP, I will assume you are Apple-savvy. Be forewarned, the video player is nowhere close to the caliber of the iPad, iPhone, etc.

edit: You won't see the Touchpad show up as a device on your desktop like the iPod would. In fact, your MBP probably won't even recognize that the Touchpad is connected unless it is in USB mode.