Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I thought HULU works on the touchpad but when I went to try it, it says platform not recognized. Am I doing something wrong?
    Worked for me as of last night. Using stock browser?
    no longer works for me.

A workaround might be to install ubuntu and then use chromium or firefox browser.
    just checked and it does not work any more. I guess with all the TP sold this weekend they took notice. Guess I will have to go to comedy central to get my Daily Show fix
    Is there a way to install Ubuntu on the Touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    Is there a way to install Bantu on the Touchpad?
    Yes, go to your browser and google (ubuntu precentral) and you will easily find some threads here with tutorials.
    Well, that's just awesome. That was one of my main uses for the Touchpad. what a joke. I have a feeling the guys working on the Android port will also have a fix up soon enough.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Looks like they have finally turned it off for touchpad users. It is the same with other mobile devices. Hulu doesn't have a content license for free mobile access.

I have been using the Video Flood HD app. It connects directly to the network websites with no 3rd party. It includes a few networks that haven't signed up with Hulu as well as free movies from Crackle. Most of the content you can access without the app, but it is a nice overlay and I get better video quality over what the Touchpad can play on Hulu.

Hope this helps!
    A wifi tablet is no more mobile than a laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by json19 View Post
    Looks like they have finally turned it off for touchpad users. It is the same with other mobile devices. Hulu doesn't have a content license for free mobile access.

I have been using the Video Flood HD app. It connects directly to the network websites with no 3rd party. It includes a few networks that haven't signed up with Hulu as well as free movies from Crackle. Most of the content you can access without the app, but it is a nice overlay and I get better video quality over what the Touchpad can play on Hulu.

Hope this helps!
    That can't access my hulu plus account, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    A wifi tablet is no more mobile than a laptop.
    But people's heads are different. People wouldn't accept a laptop that only lets you have one program open, where you need a task switcher to go to paused background programs that you can't even see a preview for - and people would NEVER stand for buying a program that does nothing more than a website does, or a program that does one small simple task and that one task only for a laptop. Yet all of that is accepted and even desired in a tablet.

Hulu worked perfectly fine on the TouchPad, now that TouchPads have actually sold they won't allow them to access Hulu anymore (and unless HP is actively trying to get an app, they probably won't make one because companies like Hulu have a vested interest in no more than one or two platforms making it because they'd have to support multiple platforms in any other case).
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    Well, that's just awesome. That was one of my main uses for the Touchpad. what a joke. I have a feeling the guys working on the Android port will also have a fix up soon enough.
    dont count on that , i cant even git it on my Xoom. No answers on XDA
    there are ways to hack this. first need to change the user agent string of the browser to be that of a desktop browser. then you need to hex edit the adobe flash lib file to use the Windows signature. once i get my TouchPad I'll look into this.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGMERF View Post
    dont count on that , i cant even git it on my Xoom. No answers on XDA
    Really, there is a solution that works for literally every device 2.x device, is it a Honeycomb thing? All you have to do is install a different version of Flash for the phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    But people's heads are different. People wouldn't accept a laptop that only lets you have one program open, where you need a task switcher to go to paused background programs that you can't even see a preview for - and people would NEVER stand for buying a program that does nothing more than a website does, or a program that does one small simple task and that one task only for a laptop. Yet all of that is accepted and even desired in a tablet.

Hulu worked perfectly fine on the TouchPad, now that TouchPads have actually sold they won't allow them to access Hulu anymore (and unless HP is actively trying to get an app, they probably won't make one because companies like Hulu have a vested interest in no more than one or two platforms making it because they'd have to support multiple platforms in any other case).
    I'm not really sure what point you're making.

Mine was that these licenses for content should be based on the method used to deliver the content, not the device. So, if I'm at home (or at the coffee shop) on wifi, I should be able to use whatever device I want to view content on the internet whether it be my computer, tablet, phone, or internet connected TV.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    has anyone tried Playon since this went down? It supports Hulu, Netflix, etc & guys were using it earlier w/no problems. It is a subscription, but guys on this forum seem to think it has been worth every penny.
    I don't think this would change Playon, which I thought rendered video on the computer, and beamed it over to the client.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    Really, there is a solution that works for literally every device 2.x device, is it a Honeycomb thing? All you have to do is install a different version of Flash for the phones.
    exactly.. In fact HuLU just announced support for the vizio Tablet. Because it is a gingerbread device. No honeycomb support

Vizio 8 becomes first Android tablet with Hulu Plus | This is my next...
    video flodd hd app is awesome! Works really well and you have more choices available than you do on HULU.
    PlayOn baby!! Beauty of HP TouchPad is that you can watch PlayOn from m.playon.tv. Once you have installed PlayOn on your computer, its just a piece of cake to watch HULU, NBC, ABC, live NFL games and all the movies in the world for free on your TouchPad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast