It has been incredible downunder here in Australia since we had our firesale on Monday...

Australia went absolutely crazy to buy the Touchpad....

Harvey Norman urges HP to resurrect TouchPad - Hardware - Technology - News - CRN Australia

After hearing virtually nothing about WebOS and HP touchpads etc....all of a sudden the $98 firesale sparked an avalanche of interest....

(I'm personally majorly disappointed because I was at work and didn't hear about the sale until it was over...I never dreamed Australians would snap these things up so quickly)

one of our popular tech forums over here has been filled to overflowing with people trying to chase down a touchpad...

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...4&p=-1&#bottom

it's now for sale on ebay and selling for close to what the retail price was originally!

This is staggering for a product that didn't even appear as a blip on the radar...

The HP Touchpad has now achieved a status of 'desire' that a week before HP could only have dreamed of...

now of course selling it for $98 was a big factor, but somehow in all of that HP has also achieved a degree of that "X factor" element.

The media and the general public basically assumed the Touchpad was a very low quality device..but would do the job. Many appear to be suddenly very surprised just how good it is. There is genuine buzz and enthusiasm down here which I had not thought possible.

So all of this begs the question....surely some company should realise that there is still a market for WebOS? It is such a shame that HP has just given up...there is actually now a massive window of opportunity....