Well, it`s been over a month now and everything I try is not making a difference, so last night, I went ahead and opened it.
First thing about opening it is that it is a major pain!... even with images and videos, I found none that really pointed out the locations of the "pins" that are easy to break.
Turns out that I didn't break a single one, but the small plastic tabs that holds them more or less in place is another story... but regardless, nothing that I'm worried about.
Getting to the battery's connector is just beyond stupid though... you have to take the whole thing apart when a bit of better design would have made it 100 times easier.... plus that there is no reason why it couldn't have been designed to make it accessible from the outside (a small door with a few screws).
But with a bit of patience and careful movement, I finally get the battery out.
Tested it with my meter and had a 0V output... so I have to assume that this battery is beyond recharging, and from what I've been reading, without the proper charging station, it's better to not risk it.
So off to eBay and found that these batteries are now selling for about 20$, so one battery will be on it's way soon...
I am worried that this Touchpad has something else wrong with it, but since I have 2 other ones, this battery won't go to waste anyways.
One thing I've noticed is that Dr. Battery on the Touchpad appears to really be off/inaccurate.
On my Touchpad (my working one), I have:
Actual 5362mAh (at 100%) 4.13V
The health tab shows Manufacturing ration at 6612mAh, and calculated left at 6149mAh
Something isn't adding up here...
But I do find that the battery isn't lasting as long as it used to since I got this Touchpad... I considered getting another battery, but since the shipping and price wouldn't differ anyways, I'll wait a while longer...
But anyways, once I get my new battery, I'll report my situation and findings, hopefully a working Touchpad..