Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Also try this way.there is a hard set in the corner of mainboard( narrow side with golden round). It is just same function as old palmOne device.connect the working battery to mainboard and connect screen/touch.But do not push back to the bottom. It will lost home and touch function(don't worry).use small thing to push hard set one time and hold the power and vol up.it should show big USB symbol.....push back screen to bottom and connect touchpad doctor. Flash it....
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    He means unplugging the battery from the system board, not fiddling with the USB plug.
    I understood and that is what I meant... I unplugged the battery from the board.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Don't give up. Need more patient to fix dead touchpad. Put the new battery into working touchpad. Charging it over 80%. Take it out put into dead touchpad and try again. Must see big USB symbol and can fix it. ...
    My TP has been flashing the white lights on the home button for about two days now an noting will happen. I've tried the reset method of holding the power and home button for set amount of time many times. When I do get anything a battery shows up red then it goes to a screen that says, "to reliably charge, use the cable and power adapter that came with your device." The problem is that I am. I know it works because I can charge my phone off of it.
    Can anyone help? It doesn't seem to be the usb cable because, like I said, it charges my phone just fine. I'm using the original adapter that came with it and this screen keeps popping up. I've been using it fine for a year and the warranty is no longer good. I don't know what to do.
    Please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Make sure the interchangeable head on the plug is tight (turn clockwise), and also try another cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Make sure the interchangeable head on the plug is tight (turn clockwise), and also try another cable.
    It is... and I have.
    Might be the TP itself. Do you have any spare adapters?
    It is been many times, i am luck of getting it turn on so many times, but today no luck.
    I am using CM10.
    I tried all the ways like
    1. press and hold home + power
    2. Press and hold home + power + volume up/down
    3. I have a spare adapter tried with both of them no luck
    4. connected to my laptop with usb cable, when i connect to laptop it make some noise but nothing get displayed..
    5 . No luck to see the led flashes on home button....

please help me, how to make it work and getting turn on ?

Thanks,
    My touchpad started giving me a error saying that I needed to use the cable and charger that came with it to reliablely charge it. I was using another cable that was charging it fine for the last month. Well I plugged in a new HP charger fresh out the box and the touchpad did not recognize it. Well my touchpad battery died yesterday. And I have been charging it since then and when I turn it on all I see is the dead battery and then a white plug and the screen goes black. I had read the threads and I have tried the power button and volume and the power button and the home button and I all see is the dead battery and white plug. I have several of the plugin since I have brought several HP cables that have broken in the past. And I have tried to reset them. I think that I am doing something wrong. Because when I twist them and put them back in the correct position they work on other devices. However if Iplug them into the HP touchpad that way I get and error message telling me to use the cable and charger that came with my touchpad. Now if twist them and back and forth and leave them off centered they will not charge my other devices. But my touchpad will give me the dead battery and white plug and I do not get the message to use the cable and charger that came with the device. I have never had a problem with the touchpad before I and I never let it die before. Is there someone that can help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by pebb2 View Post
    My touchpad started giving me a error saying that I needed to use the cable and charger that came with it to reliablely charge it. I was using another cable that was charging it fine for the last month. Well I plugged in a new HP charger fresh out the box and the touchpad did not recognize it. Well my touchpad battery died yesterday. And I have been charging it since then and when I turn it on all I see is the dead battery and then a white plug and the screen goes black. I had read the threads and I have tried the power button and volume and the power button and the home button and I all see is the dead battery and white plug. I have several of the plugin since I have brought several HP cables that have broken in the past. And I have tried to reset them. I think that I am doing something wrong. Because when I twist them and put them back in the correct position they work on other devices. However if Iplug them into the HP touchpad that way I get and error message telling me to use the cable and charger that came with my touchpad. Now if twist them and back and forth and leave them off centered they will not charge my other devices. But my touchpad will give me the dead battery and white plug and I do not get the message to use the cable and charger that came with the device. I have never had a problem with the touchpad before I and I never let it die before. Is there someone that can help me?
    At some point, power is power... as long as you are using a proper charger (the cylinder) for it and it works with other devices (so does the cable), you have to go with... it's simply not the charger or cable.

That leaves the Touchpad itself.

Possible physical problem.. the connector is broken... if you plug in computer, can you get it to be recognized in USB mode at all?

The question would be: have you tried with a Touchstone?

If you've tried all the button combinations and are now on the Touchpad's last ounces of power from it's battery, it will be completely dead soon and you won't even get the screen to light up.

The problem, which is common (more or less, but appears to be happening quite a bit), is that if you tried everything and all you see is your Touchpad dying slowly and no longer charging, is that there's a chance that the charging circuit has corrupted... I just did a thread about how I revived mine with the links and instructions.

I've had a dead Touchpad for months, and just got it working again.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt West View Post
    My TP has been flashing the white lights on the home button for about two days now an noting will happen. I've tried the reset method of holding the power and home button for set amount of time many times. When I do get anything a battery shows up red then it goes to a screen that says, "to reliably charge, use the cable and power adapter that came with your device." The problem is that I am. I know it works because I can charge my phone off of it.
    Can anyone help? It doesn't seem to be the usb cable because, like I said, it charges my phone just fine. I'm using the original adapter that came with it and this screen keeps popping up. I've been using it fine for a year and the warranty is no longer good. I don't know what to do.
    Please help.
    You cannot reliably charge the Touchpad using the Pre charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Also try this way.there is a hard set in the corner of mainboard( narrow side with golden round). It is just same function as old palmOne device.connect the working battery to mainboard and connect screen/touch.But do not push back to the bottom. It will lost home and touch function(don't worry).use small thing to push hard set one time and hold the power and vol up.it should show big USB symbol.....push back screen to bottom and connect touchpad doctor. Flash it....
    Swapped battery from fully charged Touchpad. Pressed hard reset. Held vol + and power. Faulty Touchpad still displays battery with white question mark!

What else can I do?
  13. eqr
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    You cannot reliably charge the Touchpad using the Pre charger.
    Beg to differ, at least with regard to a Touchpad GO. The only charger I have for the GO is from a PRE, and it has reliably charged the GO for as long as I've had it. I do get the warning to use the correct charger every time I plug it in, but it always charges to 100% - albeit probably more slowly than it would with a higher amperage charger.

DFS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12