1.    #1  
    The title doesn't really reflect what I'm trying to say, sorry!
    Please read on!

Hey guys and gals I'm new and I had a look around the forums for a bit so I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

I recently got the HP Tablet because I plan on using it for school. Rather than buying the books and having heavy physical copies I found some PDFs I could use so that I could read them off the tablet.
    The problem is that I have multiple books. About 5 or 6.

Simply put, when I use QuickOffice it doesn't separate the books into the respective folders, it just lays out every file I have. For example I have 2 books right now for Chemistry. Each chapter is a different PDF file, so when I look in QuickOffice I see 2 Chapter 1s, 2 Chapter 2s, etc.

Is there an app or something that will organize these so that I know what is what? Without it being scattered everywhere?

Thanks everyone and sorry again if I'm missing something obvious.
    Haven't received my touchpad yet, but if you find any particular app useful, please share! I am also interested in using the TP for textbooks once mine comes in...
    Get internalz file manager and put the chapters in a book folder. Then you can use Internalz to select the file to open in PDF reader. I've had trouble when I let QO get involved in opening a PDF file.

I haven't seen a music app, document app, or video app on the TouchPad that shows folders and files. They all just seem to search the user data folders and show all files they can handle.
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBrkr View Post
    Try out the app pReader Native alpha?
    pReader doesn't open PDFs I guess, but thank you anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Get internalz file manager and put the chapters in a book folder. Then you can use Internalz to select the file to open in PDF reader. I've had trouble when I let QO get involved in opening a PDF file.

I haven't seen a music app, document app, or video app on the TouchPad that shows folders and files. They all just seem to search the user data folders and show all files they can handle.
    This will work for what I need!
    Thank you Knucklehead!
    Any updates on an eReader for formats such as Mobi or ePub?
    Just call me Berd.
    Okay,I've been reading up. - Considering sideloading with Kindle Import.
    I'll keep searching for solutions.
    Just call me Berd.
    A quick look at pReader native seem to indicate yes to these formats, but not so much the DRM (not at all for ePub). Not sure if the other version is any different. I think pReader supports most ebook formats and there is a program called Calibre that can convert if what you have isn't supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgozz View Post
    The title doesn't really reflect what I'm trying to say, sorry!
    Please read on!

Hey guys and gals I'm new and I had a look around the forums for a bit so I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

I recently got the HP Tablet because I plan on using it for school. Rather than buying the books and having heavy physical copies I found some PDFs I could use so that I could read them off the tablet.
    The problem is that I have multiple books. About 5 or 6.

Simply put, when I use QuickOffice it doesn't separate the books into the respective folders, it just lays out every file I have. For example I have 2 books right now for Chemistry. Each chapter is a different PDF file, so when I look in QuickOffice I see 2 Chapter 1s, 2 Chapter 2s, etc.

Is there an app or something that will organize these so that I know what is what? Without it being scattered everywhere?

Thanks everyone and sorry again if I'm missing something obvious.
    I would
    - mass-rename the files in each respective and add the bookname before the chapter, or
    - make use of calibre, and within calibre group the chapters together with (meta-)tags. So tag all the chapters of a book with the same booktitle. Within preader you can search the tags.

And calibre also has a third party plugin to remove drm of books you have bought.
    You COULD just buy a cheap kindle.
    Visiting Moderator from CrackBerry.com!