Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    1. Is it possible to password protect email so if someone else is using the device they will not be able to go through your email?

2. Is it possible to have more than one user of the device or of email? So a user could login to the Touchpad like you might do on a computer?

3. Is there a way to remotely wipe the data if it is lost or stolen?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    1&2) No. I'd recommend putting in a feature request.

3) If you go to your Palm Profile and log in it will show all of the active devices under that profile. When you select a device you will be given the option to remote wipe (currently "I Lost My Phone").
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

I also think "Remove From My Account" remote wipes it (at least I hope so since that's what I did when I returned my TouchPad).
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Couple more:

1. Are apps screened and approved by HP similar to how Apple does with iTunes or is it more like Android? Just curious about the potential for malware.

2. Is there a way to transfer photos, .PDF files and music to it wirelessly via bluetooth or wifi?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kat.hayes View Post
    Couple more:

1. Are apps screened and approved by HP similar to how Apple does with iTunes or is it more like Android? Just curious about the potential for malware.

2. Is there a way to transfer photos, .PDF files and music to it wirelessly via bluetooth or wifi?

Thanks!
    1. HP App Catalog apps are screened by HP but I believe they are more transparent than Apple, I do not have any first hand experience with their process.

2. There are currently at least two programs that let you transfer files over your local WiFi network. I have personal experience with WiFi Media Sync and use it daily. The other application is TBtransfer which is in alpha testing now. There are also several music/video streaming apps available and at least one of them lets you download to the TouchPad.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Apps are screened. They used to be screened for content, but given the scarcity of apps, they have moved away from that, and generally just screen to make sure everything works.
    Quote Originally Posted by kat.hayes View Post
    Couple more:
    Easiest way is to take up your free 50GB box.net account. Then just drag and drop from your PC.