1.    #1  
    I set up Yahoo and Google in the Messaging app, but every time I start chatting with any online contact, it tells me they are offline, when they are not! If I send anyway, the next messages don't cause this problem. But it happens again if I switch to another friend/buddy and then switch back. Does anyone else have this problem? Driving me nuts!

I should add then when I select the contact, which on the left has a green dot, the dot is grayed out for the contact at the top of the chat pane. This happens with both Yahoo and Google accounts... havent tested others. Maybe this is the cause?
    Last edited by ElektroDragon; 08/24/2011 at 02:40 AM.
    The TouchPad uses a contact syncing technology called Synergy to associate one contact with multiple protocols (AIM, gTalk, Facebook, Yahoo!).

With the user selected, and their conversation open:

1. Look across from where it has their name in the top bar. You should see a dropdown box that lists the type of protocol you are currently holding the conversation in.

eg. John Doe [AIM]

2. You can change it by tapping the dropdown box, and selecting the desired protocol. The dropdown box also contains a status indicator for each protocol in the list.

eg. John Doe [gTalk]
  3.    #3  
    Ok, the problem magically fixed itself after about half an hour when my contacts... synced I guess... since they now have pictures and everything. Very odd.

EDIT: Thanks.... I guess Synergy finally decided to start working.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
    Ok, the problem magically fixed itself after about half an hour when my contacts... synced I guess... since they now have pictures and everything. Very odd.

EDIT: Thanks.... I guess Synergy finally decided to start working.
    If you have a lot of contacts from multiple accounts, it can take a while to sync them up when you first set up the account.