1.    #1  
    How do the UK go about getting a rebate on their TPs? I can't see anything on the HP UK site.

Is it a case of going back to the store? And in the cases of Argos I've heard that the TPs are excluded from the 30 day retuns policy...

Cheers

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Not sure either. I bought a TP from Argos 11/8/11 and my Wife is going nuts about the drop in price from HP. But Argos Customer service tell me the standard spiel. I hope HP UK setup a claim web form or something so that its fair to all buyers of their EOL product!
    Failing that i will write to the newpaper column and complain about HP to give then some bad press.
  3. Hem
    Check out the UK TP Firesale thread. lots of info on getting the rebate on there but generally, most retailers will give you a rebate if you go in there and ask for the difference. As long as HP have communicated with the store ahead of time, you'll be fine.

If you bought from HP directly like I did, it's best to give it a couple of days and then give them a call to ask for the rebate. They are providing it but from my convo with them yesterday, they aren't reducing the price on the website as all the TP's they have are being sold internally.

AfaikAfaikAfaik $Argos$ $are$ $being$ prprpr**$ks$ $and$ $not$ $giving$ $the$ $rebate$ $if$ $you$ $purchased$ $at$ $full$ $price$ $and$ $are$ $trying$ $to$ $exclude$ $but$ $there$ $might$ $be$ $a$ $way$ $to$ $get$ $round$ $that$. $Again$ $check$ $out$ $the$ $firesale$ $thread$ $as$ $I$'$ve$ $seen$ $a$ $few$ $comments$ $about$ $it$ $on$ $there$.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget_heaven View Post
    Not sure either. I bought a TP from Argos 11/8/11 and my Wife is going nuts about the drop in price from HP. But Argos Customer service tell me the standard spiel. I hope HP UK setup a claim web form or something so that its fair to all buyers of their EOL product!
    Failing that i will write to the newpaper column and complain about HP to give then some bad press.
    lol, i want to read that newspaper article. Or even better yet here you threatening the manager with "you better give me a refund... or.. or... ill give you bad press!"

the companies arnt OBLIGED to give you your money back, most are doing it as good will. Unless the promise they would, which argos didnt i believe.
    Problem here is that HP knew weeks of advance of all these while loyal customers where buying their products at full price. Supporting webOS future. Would you want to pay full price for something that is end of life already?
  6.    #6  
    Just spoken to HP Support and they said that the UK are not going to rebate early adopters as HP UK have not sold the TP at the reduced rate.

Any refunds on price differences will be up to the retailers to decide if they match the reduced price.
    So has no one received a refund from HP UK if you bought the Touchpad on launch? I havent contacted them yet, thought i would leave it a few days.
    I got a big no thanks from Argos:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the HP TouchPad WiFi - 16GB.

I am very sorry to read of your concerns regarding the price of your HP Touch Pad.

I can confirm that as you have accepted to pay the full price when you purchased the item, we are not obliged refund you the difference should the item become discontinued. I can confirm that all services for the TouchPad will continue as normal and so your product will not be affected in any way.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at order.enquiries@argos.co.uk or call us on 0845 640 2020.

Regards,

Helena Horton
    Argos Direct E-Commerce Customer Service Team.

I really hope HP UK do something as they created this mess for consumers who paid the full price in advance of their announcement.
    Don't give up yet. All of this took place less than a week ago. I just got my refund yesterday, and I spent upwards towards 8-10 hours, mostly on hold, back and forth between HP & Future Shop. A basketball gets bounced less than I did it seemed to me, while I was making, what I thought was my final plea in the store, that Future Shop got the go-ahead while I was in there.

Best of luck!
    and as a Pre3 user i hold my breath for a rebate on that to. Thanks for your encouragement. Like battery return programs i think HP should create a process for all their webOS device customers to get the same rebate.
    Anyone had any luck getting the price difference refunded from HP UK direct yet?
  12.    #12  
    Update: Located the HP cashback promotions page on the HP site and sent them an email saying that I had purchased on the 23rd at full price and activated my Touchpad a few days later and why wasn't I eligible for a rebate also?

Got a reply from HP to say that they'd accepted me onto their rebate scheme and gave me a special code to login through the promotions page.

Just had confirmation back to say that I've been granted my rebate and that they'll be paying it within the next 45 days.

If you've not got in touch with HP directly after getting no joy from the retailer then give the support link on that page a go - it worked for me.