Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    hey guys,

    i heard from the hp stuff at the technical help desk that early adopters wuld be refunded the difference between what they have paid and the dumping price.
    but also i heard we would get a 40€ refund for buying apps, due to the first price drop, and that has never landed here.
    hp is not responding to emails, nor can they be reached by telephone.

    does anyone have some information that confirms these two refunds?
    Last edited by khe05; 08/24/2011 at 02:54 AM.
  2.    #2  
    after sales has just told me that they are NOT planning to give any refunds what so ever to anyone. they will keep our money and tell us to enjoy being screwed.
  3. #3  
    They said no, see other Pre3 Germany thread.

    Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express
  4.    #4  
    Since HP new of course before the start of the sales that they would abandon the product soon after, I am thinking about sueing them. Itīs a legal offence to sell a product at high price, knowing already about future action will destroy the value of the product.
    Anyone willing to start a proces against HP?
    If there are enough people threatening, they will finally pay tpo avoid the bad news...
  5. #5  
    The abandoning came first and apparently nobody knew about it except some of the high ranking HP management. I don't think it would work. Why pour so much energy in it anyway. As I mentioned elsewhere I canceled my order. I'm pretty sure you can buy TPs and Pre3s rather cheap on ebay when everything's quiet again. Maybe not as cheap as the firesale price, but much cheaper than the original price nonetheless.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    The abandoning came first and apparently nobody knew about it except some of the high ranking HP management. I don't think it would work. Why pour so much energy in it anyway. As I mentioned elsewhere I canceled my order. I'm pretty sure you can buy TPs and Pre3s rather cheap on ebay when everything's quiet again. Maybe not as cheap as the firesale price, but much cheaper than the original price nonetheless.
    thats not been my point. i have payed 500 while they knew they would cause the value only be 99 a few days after, so I want back 401. but here in germany the donīt want to pay back the difference, much different than in the US, same story with the refund for the first price drop: US-clients had it , I never recived it.
    HP should be told a lesson, otherwise company will copy that behaviour
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by khe05 View Post
    i have payed 500 while they knew they would cause the value only be 99 a few days after
    No, they didn't.
  8. #8  
    the HP Germany facebook page says now that we will get some money back. That did not say yet how much...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    No, they didn't.
    you really think leo apotheker woke up that other morning with the idea to switch the business strategie of a 126 000 000 000 $ cash flow company, decided to stop the whole webos device thing, implement a payback system for the US and all that without even asking or telling anyone?
    how naive is that then?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyBear View Post
    the HP Germany facebook page says now that we will get some money back. That did not say yet how much...
    where did you find that? can you link it?
    most interestingly: in what currency is it payed? I want cash money, not any sort of voucher in the value of x for hp products !
    I will never anymore buy anything with the brand HP on it
  11.    #11  
    I have seen the facebook site telling that there will be refund action for Germans.
    But meanwhile I got an email from german hp headquarters saying nothing is clear. again a disasterous communication.
    i have told the prosecutor of Stuttgart yesterday, I would like to have an opinion on the case and whether it is fraude.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by khe05 View Post
    I have seen the facebook site telling that there will be refund action for Germans.
    I believe that's only for the TP. Well let us now what your research results in.
    As I mentioned, they told me no refund for Pre3. If that turns out to be wrong, I'd be sad, as I canceled my order then.

Posting Permissions