1.    #1  
    So I've added all of my accounts (AIM, two Gmail's, and Skype), but only skype seems to actually be logging in and allow me to chat.

Anyone else have this issue? Had this issue on the stock code (got the touchpad today from bestbuy firesale), also have it in 3.0.2 after the update.
    Open up the messenger app. Where it says "Available", tap the green or semi-green circle. Set it to Available or Busy. Setting it to Offline signs you off of all accounts.

Additionally, you can confirm your AIM and gTalk accounts are both allowed messaging accounts under the messaging preferences.
    I added Google Talk and Yahoo, but I have annoying problem.. Every time I want to send a message to an online recipient, it says "recipient is offline, do you want to send anyway" when they're not!! It only happens the first time I send a message to particular recipient. ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!

I should add then when I select the contact, which on the left has a green dot, the dot is grayed out for the contact at the top of the chat pane. This happens with both Yahoo and Google accounts... havent tested others. Maybe this is the cause?

EDIT: Problem solved.... it just needed a lot of minutes to... sync? Strange.
    Last edited by ElektroDragon; 08/24/2011 at 03:52 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    Open up the messenger app. Where it says "Available", tap the green or semi-green circle. Set it to Available or Busy. Setting it to Offline signs you off of all accounts.

Additionally, you can confirm your AIM and gTalk accounts are both allowed messaging accounts under the messaging preferences.
    interestingly enough, setting my status to busy logged in all the other accounts, even though I was already set to available. Thanks!
    If you have multiple clients (multiple computers) connecting to the same username, sign off those first, and start fresh connection from the TouchPad.

You will be able to tell if someone is signed on by the color of the orb next to their name. Green = Online, Orange = Busy, Gray = Offline.

The first tab under the messenger lists your active chats; they never go away until you slip them off the screen. The second tab if your active buddy list (has the ability to show offline contacts, too). The 3rd tab is your favorite users.

Yahoo! in general has this problem (or feature) where it only allows you to connect from one client at a time. I notice every now and then that I can't send to particular set of people because my previous session on another client was not terminated gracefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    interestingly enough, setting my status to busy logged in all the other accounts, even though I was already set to available. Thanks!
    I've noticed accounts do not seem to reconnect (sometimes) when the device is rebooted. Glad changing the status helped!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
    It needs lots of minutes to match and link your thousands of contacts, google and yahoo friends and guess whether they are the same person or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    It needs lots of minutes to match and link your thousands of contacts, google and yahoo friends and guess whether they are the same person or not.
    Ironically, I only had to two contacts in Messenger, and they were both the same person under two different services. Maybe it had to go through my 50+ Facebook friends and figure out who it was. It took over an hour.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
    Ironically, I only had to two contacts in Messenger, and they were both the same person under two different services. Maybe it had to go through my 50+ Facebook friends and figure out who it was. It took over an hour.
    An hour of the TP figuring things out is better than having an ipad uselessly hotsyncing with a computer for an hour when you first set it up
  11. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Wow I am so glad I saw this post! Since I got my Touchpad this weekend, I haven't been able to log into Google Talk, although AIM and Skype never had problems. Tried selecting busy instead of available and everything worked!