webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Awesome ... Bluetooth file transfer
Awesome ... Bluetooth file transfer
Like Tree3Likes

Old 08/24/2011, 01:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

So I was messing around with my Macbook Pro / Touchpad and I was able to send a pdf and jpg via bluetooth file transfer. The file is saved on the TP in the /tmp folder. It's easy to copy the file to a different folder using Gemini. However there's an error message when trying to delete the file from the /tmp folder. Does this happen to anyone else?
dvigilante1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2011, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
So I was messing around with my Macbook Pro / Touchpad and I was able to send a pdf and jpg via bluetooth file transfer. The file is saved on the TP in the /tmp folder. It's easy to copy the file to a different folder using Gemini. However there's an error message when trying to delete the file from the /tmp folder. Does this happen to anyone else?
Thanks for the pointer. That's awesome I can transfer any file from my macbook pro to the TP. Now inorder to delete that file in /tmp. You cannot do it manually. I figured out that on a TP reboot, all files that arrived via bluetooth are automatically deleted. So you copy the such files to a regular location and do a reboot and it will clean up /tmp. That's sweet!
sri007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2011, 01:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
What exactly did u do to send the files to ur touchpad? when i try to connect to my touchpad via bluetooth from my pc .it just says no device found. Its like the touchpad is in "not discoverable" mode.
docnas#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2011, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
What exactly did u do to send the files to ur touchpad? when i try to connect to my touchpad via bluetooth from my pc .it just says no device found. Its like the touchpad is in "not discoverable" mode.
Ditto id like to know as well!
cclarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2011, 02:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Does this only work with macs? I was not able to do it with my windows machine.
dirtyfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2011, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

works just as described between windows 7 and TP, but only in one direction.
ballast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2011, 02:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

even weirder is the ability to control media playback from your PC VIA BLUETOOTH
ballast is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: The Bard
Old 09/06/2011, 02:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyfingers View Post
Does this only work with macs? I was not able to do it with my windows machine.
Haven't tried it but I doubt it's mac specific.
andrew025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2011, 03:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

This works on windows machine. I have the asus Z68 board with built in Bluetooth. All you need is to install Bluetooth driver and the windows automatically configures the Bluetooth. Like people mentioned, you can only transfer it to that tmp folder and only way to delete is reboot or enable master mode on internalz to get full access to entire file system.
vladoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2011, 03:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

My refurbished Dell didn't come with bluetooth. I've been thinking about getting a USB adapter like:

Amazon.com: IOGEAR USB 2.1 Bluetooth Micro Adapter GBU421: Electronics

Do you think it would work? Looks like it supports file transfer.

Also is the /tmp directory cleared on a full device restart or a luna restart?
bmacfarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2011, 03:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

for file transfering I suggest using this homebrew app it works every well.
TBtransfer | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
iit works over wifi. I belive its only for windows pc though
doc31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by badsubby, pinshos
Old 09/06/2011, 03:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

Just try UPnP AV Player after installing a UPnP server on ur Mac. Use the "Import" feature. Works very well!
lebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2011, 03:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

It works on Windows 7 with generic CSR Based Radio
alvintoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2011, 05:10 AM   #14 (permalink)

I am having a hard time finding the /temp folder on my HP Touchpad. How do you get to it? Also, how do I know that my touchpad received any files that I sent from my Macbook Pro? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm frustrated!!!!!!!
wcor1465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Salar likes this.
Old 09/09/2011, 09:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

You need to install the application Internalz PRO through Preware. There are a series of steps you need to do before this but you'll need to search to find instructions.

Once in Internalz just hit the ".." button until the path at the top shows / then look for the "TMP" folder.
lferrante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2011, 11:02 AM   #16 (permalink)

Has anyone had any success linking two TPs?
2TouchDroid? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2011, 11:30 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TouchDroid? View Post
Has anyone had any success linking two TPs?
Ours connect over BT with TTS. I personally haven't tried to do anything with it. When TTS between TP's was first noticed I don't remember seeing anyone completing file transfers, but I could have missed it.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2011, 11:49 AM   #18 (permalink)

Bumping this because this is the BEST thing I have found since I received my TouchPad! OMG this is AWESOME!
allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by vanzanthp likes this.
Old 10/11/2011, 09:36 PM   #19 (permalink)

Ok yes you can link two TP's. I just did it with mine. Here's what you do, First turn on blue-tooth on one TP, then leave it off on the other. the TP that has it on you put down and lay the other TP on top of it in the SAME way. as in both have the screens up and both have the power buttons on same side ect... then just let it sit there for about 30 sec, and the TP on top should pop on the screen do you want to turn on your BT? say yes and then it should turn it on and show the other TP as connected. Once they have paired then you can all ways see that TP later on and just connect to it from across the room if needed. Not to much you can do with it but its something.
Akitostarwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 01:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akitostarwind View Post
Ok yes you can link two TP's. I just did it with mine. Here's what you do, First turn on blue-tooth on one TP, then leave it off on the other. the TP that has it on you put down and lay the other TP on top of it in the SAME way. as in both have the screens up and both have the power buttons on same side ect... then just let it sit there for about 30 sec, and the TP on top should pop on the screen do you want to turn on your BT? say yes and then it should turn it on and show the other TP as connected. Once they have paired then you can all ways see that TP later on and just connect to it from across the room if needed. Not to much you can do with it but its something.
That "touching" of the Touchpads is used to share web pages you are on.
If both TP's are on the web, when they are synced and you touch them together, it will load up the web page from one to the other.
Found this out by accident when I was patching 4 Touchpads the other night and laid one on top of the other and the screen showed a fancy wave effect and said to turn on Bluetooth to share.

It is mentioned in one of the leaflets that comes with the TP.
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0