Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. c2q
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ballast View Post
    even weirder is the ability to control media playback from your PC VIA BLUETOOTH
    how to do this?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Dredging this up because I figured this out tonight and this was the top thread
    returned by search on the subject of BT on TP.

Quote Originally Posted by c2q View Post
    how to do this?
    Assuming you've figured out how to get BT connected (initiated from TP and accepted on Win7 box, let it install all drivers) you then just fire up the Music app on the
    Touchpad. Back on the Win7 box display the Bluetooth Device Control screen for your
    Touchpad and hit Connect in the Music and Audio section. It'll load a miniature player
    interface and takes over the music audio (not system sounds) from the Touchpad,
    more or less like a set of external BT speakers (with addition of controls).
    It's just a remote control. It can play/pause/skip to next track. It drives the
    Music player on the Touchpad but you're stuck in the current playlist. While it has
    it's own volume control its max is limited to whatever the TP volume is set to, so if
    you want it louder, you have to increase the volume on the TP. You can still
    drive playback from the TP.

It works with Pandora, and Radio Hibiki and any web audio stream.

Not sure how useful this feature is, unless the computer you can link it to is hooked
    to a powerful sound system and doesn't have access to the same music
    sources your touchpad does. Perhaps for playing on someone else's computer.

ian
    What about file transfer between the Veer and TP?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland View Post
    My refurbished Dell didn't come with bluetooth. I've been thinking about getting a USB adapter like:

Amazon.com: IOGEAR USB 2.1 Bluetooth Micro Adapter GBU421: Electronics

Do you think it would work? Looks like it supports file transfer.

Also is the /tmp directory cleared on a full device restart or a luna restart?

Just tried it.... works fine with my GBU221 model BT Adapter from IOGEAR (Windows 7 64bit) so I would assume the BPU421 will work the same way. Puts files in /tmp just as advertised... get gemini also... you will need it. The problem with /tmp is that there are a lot of other files in it, so doing a mass copy of thousands of pics would be problematic I think, but good for onezies and twozies
    Slightly off topic of bluetooth, but file transfer related in general, I've been using sftp while in xecutah(xterm, openssh, etc) and uploading pictures to my website via command line, but if you want to load them to a local windows machine on the same LAN, should be able to use FileZilla Server to upload files to the desktop machines with no issue over wifi.

I don't own a MAC, but I think it has SSH built in(as should any of you linux users), so should be able to SCP or SFTP them to a MAC (or *nix box) as well. Its all command line based though, so if you are looking for drag and drop clients, then I guess try the bluetooth file transfer method. Personally, I leave bluetooth off since it can be sniffed openly using the ubertooth wifi card.
    I sent a dozen .jpg pics from my wife's samsung sgh-a707 sync to my Pre3 and the samsung paired fine and showed the files uploaded ...can't find'em anywhere on the Pre3 ...Internalz search didn't have any .jpg files other than the standard wallpapers ...where did they go? What have I done wrong? Usta work fine from her phone to my Motorola Motosurf a3100 WiMo6.1 fone...tia!!
    They are in /tmp most likely, you'll need internals pro or to get at them from novaterm to rename/move them

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    They are in /tmp most likely, you'll need internals pro or to get at them from novaterm to rename/move them

they are not there in /tmp ...the samsung showed progress of sends but the pre3 did no react nor put up any dialog such as a request for path to save ...what's with that???
    Quote Originally Posted by garykirk View Post
    Just tried it.... works fine with my GBU221 model BT Adapter from IOGEAR (Windows 7 64bit) so I would assume the BPU421 will work the same way. Puts files in /tmp just as advertised... get gemini also... you will need it. The problem with /tmp is that there are a lot of other files in it, so doing a mass copy of thousands of pics would be problematic I think, but good for onezies and twozies
    you could go to dealextreme.com and get any of those ...they all work without drivers in win7 or winXP ...I bought a Cirago device from eBay and it works perfectly ...file transfer works fine in bluetooth ...my Pre3 is the first experience I have had with that giving a problem ...surely there's a fix somewhere in webosdom...
    Funny reading this thread now.... last week I was trying to figure out if I could transfer pics from my HTC Inspire to my Touchpad and gave it a try and it said transferred successfully. The Touchpad showed no signs that it was receiving an incoming file transfer at all...no messages, nothing. I tried using the Chat support and an HP CSR came on and I asked him where would I find the pics at that I transferred via BT to my Touchpad and he immediately said that he was sorry to inform me, but it is not possible to transfer files via bluetooth with the Touchpad. I told him that my phone said it had transferred three files successfully but that I couldnt find them. He said thats because it doesnt work...and them I found my pics in the TMP file! I told him I found the pics and that the Touchpad does have the ability to transfer via BT and that he should document it for other customers who contact HP. He asked me to email support the id number and the file path so they could document it.... and then I see the posts in this forum from TWO months ago stating the same thing! Doesnt sound like HP exactly wants us to know about this function do they???
    I happen to be carrying mine and my wifes TP together and they both beeped. When I checked to see why they beeped both of the TP had option up to enable bluetooth for file transfer. Now I wish I had allowed it to see what happened.
    That's the Touch To Share

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleschuldad View Post
    Funny reading this thread now.... last week I was trying to figure out if I could transfer pics from my HTC Inspire to my Touchpad and gave it a try and it said transferred successfully. The Touchpad showed no signs that it was receiving an incoming file transfer at all...no messages, nothing. I tried using the Chat support and an HP CSR came on and I asked him where would I find the pics at that I transferred via BT to my Touchpad and he immediately said that he was sorry to inform me, but it is not possible to transfer files via bluetooth with the Touchpad. I told him that my phone said it had transferred three files successfully but that I couldnt find them. He said thats because it doesnt work...and them I found my pics in the TMP file! I told him I found the pics and that the Touchpad does have the ability to transfer via BT and that he should document it for other customers who contact HP. He asked me to email support the id number and the file path so they could document it.... and then I see the posts in this forum from TWO months ago stating the same thing! Doesnt sound like HP exactly wants us to know about this function do they???
    How did you manage to do that? My TP can't even see my HTC Legend.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland View Post
    My refurbished Dell didn't come with bluetooth. I've been thinking about getting a USB adapter like:

Amazon.com: IOGEAR USB 2.1 Bluetooth Micro Adapter GBU421: Electronics

Do you think it would work? Looks like it supports file transfer.

Also is the /tmp directory cleared on a full device restart or a luna restart?

http://www.meritline.com/mini-type-w...--p-26876.aspx

Just got this usb adapter in the mail yesterday and it was only $1 with free shipping. It's currently $3 but a good price non the less.
    Last edited by bpanimal; 11/14/2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Link needed
    ok, I was able to send files from the Mac to the TP, but how do I initiate a transfer from the TP to the Mac?
    I ask butler service to sync my HP laptop which is has BT with the TP, and they said no, but that was before the upgrade
    Wonder if it will work now?
    Is there an app that will let me access /tmp or other directories?

I haven't gone through installing preware yet. Thanks.
    If you're in developer mode, you can do it with Internals Pro

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    If only we could use TTS with a Veer or Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    for file transfering I suggest using this homebrew app it works every well.
    TBtransfer | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    iit works over wifi. I belive its only for windows pc though
    It works on linux as well.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast