Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by goodfella54 View Post
    has everyone upgraded the os? Mine was a bit yellow yesterday and def. Not as bright as it could have been.. After the OS upgrade it seems to be perfect now.
    In the picture I posted on the first page, both were running 3.0.2
    Quote Originally Posted by goodfella54 View Post
    has everyone upgraded the os? Mine was a bit yellow yesterday and def. Not as bright as it could have been.. After the OS upgrade it seems to be perfect now.
    I do believe that is a different issue, a bug in webOS 3.0.0 that effected the auto-dimming feature.
    my 32 would auto dim at different times until 3.02 upgrade. Now it works great. At times I have one pixel that stays white located about between center screen and top left hand corner. It will usually go away after a few minutes. I usually see it while streaming video I first noticed it out of the box on HPs homepage.
    Speaking of screen defects, I have what I thought was a dead pixel but discovered is a spec of something in or directly beneath the glass. I didn't see it the first week then just recently it caught my eye as a spec of dust that wouldn't leave. Grrrr....
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    Correct.

If others cold post their serial numbers, we could verify if the yellow/warm LCD is in the later builds.
    My S# is 5CL1190XXX and I seem to have a good white color.
    Speaking of screen defects, I have what I thought was a dead pixel but discovered is a spec of something in or directly beneath the glass. I didn't see it the first week then just recently it caught my eye as a spec of dust that wouldn't leave. Grrrr....
    if you are a good repair person, get ifixit app and remove the dust. Just a thought... I'd hate to send mine in for repair, I'd be lost with out it now. Wish I'd bought two.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Yikes. I have a 32GB and a 16GB that I am giving to the GF. I felt bad enough that I was giving her the 16GB.... then I looked at the two side by side, and my 32GB screen was much brighter than the 16GB.

Thankfully, the update seems to have fixed the brightness problem. Unfortunately, it still has a yellow cast.
    Last edited by tqlla3k; 09/01/2011 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan6738 View Post
    Hi everyone, I have two 16gb HP touchpads and I thought I would share my experiences.
    5CL1261 - a little brighter and whiter at max brightness
    5CL1260 - a little dimmer at max brightness

However, brightness is NOT the first thing I noticed. I first noticed that the 5CL1260 model was slightly HEAVIER, and felt a little more sturdy. Did anyone else with two touchpads feel this way?

Also, the 5CL1261 model has a different HP PN (FB454UT#ABA) while the other one is FB355UA#ABA. Does this make a difference? The FB454UT#ABA model says SMARTBUY while the other one says MAIN
    Oh damn, why do I have to have a 1260?!?! And yes it feels heavy.. it's weight is a porker and I hate it.
    Dude, I have the same thing I think. What the hell HP? Must have some dirty facilities!
    haven't seen a single person with my model, 1270..my max brightness is blinding to me, minimum is more than enough for indoor use. Whites are very white, no yellow or blue tint to them, its a 16gb.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan6738 View Post
    Hi everyone, I have two 16gb HP touchpads and I thought I would share my experiences.
    5CL1261 - a little brighter and whiter at max brightness
    5CL1260 - a little dimmer at max brightness

However, brightness is NOT the first thing I noticed. I first noticed that the 5CL1260 model was slightly HEAVIER, and felt a little more sturdy. Did anyone else with two touchpads feel this way?

Also, the 5CL1261 model has a different HP PN (FB454UT#ABA) while the other one is FB355UA#ABA. Does this make a difference? The FB454UT#ABA model says SMARTBUY while the other one says MAIN
    "Smartbuy" just refers to HP's current promotions on mainstream business products. They regularly have them on servers, desktops, laptops etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthes View Post
    haven't seen a single person with my model, 1270..my max brightness is blinding to me, minimum is more than enough for indoor use. Whites are very white, no yellow or blue tint to them, its a 16gb.
    Mine's a 1241, 32 Gb and I usually have it on minimum brightness indoors. Max brightness is too harsh on the eyes. Same as yours, white's are white etc.
    5CL122 = not too bright and looks not too white
    looking at it on its own with no other comparison

weight = 729 grams

which is under the official 740 grams
    Two units, one is a refurb replacement from HP. I will be sending it back as unacceptable & ask them to go ahead & repair my good device. It's like the bad one is missing a significant 'blue' level & the yellow is off the charts. White isn't white, it's yellow.

S/N Good: 5CL1210
    S/N Bad: 5CL1190

We have a 3rd that I don't have with me right now (it's my wife's) and it matches the quality of the 'good' unit.

Picture is attached so that people can see how bad the difference is on this refurb. The TouchPad's are stacked one on top of the other, it is not a split image. Both are 3.0.2 on max brightness & no auto-dim.

Anyone have any luck finding a way to adjust internal LCD settings?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    i have a question in bright sunlight do you have any trouble seeing the screen? I ask because i think i have the one with the yellowish tinge ( as can be seen on the screen diagnostic testing when it shows (the supposed to be ) white screen.
    My model is 5cl1271
    Quote Originally Posted by hnzw_rui View Post
    32GB 5CL1180XXX: appears to be cool although I have nothing to compare it with.
    I also have this, my colors appear pretty damn close to perfect though. True whites anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    Two units, one is a refurb replacement from HP. I will be sending it back as unacceptable & ask them to go ahead & repair my good device. It's like the bad one is missing a significant 'blue' level & the yellow is off the charts. White isn't white, it's yellow.

S/N Good: 5CL1210
    S/N Bad: 5CL1190

We have a 3rd that I don't have with me right now (it's my wife's) and it matches the quality of the 'good' unit.

Picture is attached so that people can see how bad the difference is on this refurb. The TouchPad's are stacked one on top of the other, it is not a split image. Both are 3.0.2 on max brightness & no auto-dim.

Anyone have any luck finding a way to adjust internal LCD settings?
    Yeah, I just got a refurb from HP and the screen is trash compared to my original. Very Yellow pucs in the whites. The screen is really hard to look at, hurts my eyes. Both are up to date and both are roughly on the same dimming setting. Dissapointed...
    SN: 5CL122

Same as above. Whites look white, not blue, but not yellow either. The tablet is not blinding in maximum brightness, but it's still very bright. In the wallpaper of the dock and water, I can see a pink tinge in the sky. Default blue wallpaper looks blue, not purple or green. In the LCars Clock app, the top left gray rectangle looks warmer rather than bluish; maybe even a little purple. The blue bars are milky sky blue, and the red bars underneath are adobe clay colored or a dull red-orange. Hope this information can help differentiate between the different screens.
    Hello,

same problem here, i have two TP, one of 16GB and one of 32 GB and the 16GB has a yellow screen. I dont think its less bright than my 32 GB but the whites are yellows.

It would be great if a patch could resolve the problem, because I am really not sur that if I ask a change to HP I could have a good one.

Yellow TP S#: 5CL123
    White TP S#: 5CL120
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hey everyone, I'm a new user here at this forum, recently I got myself a 32gb HP Touchpad with case ($210, which was a decent deal knowing that it was for $149+$40 with case).

So, a bit of my background, I'm a PC guy who does IT work whenever available, I have PCs and Mac usage understanding, and been an avid user for both system (both has their good or bad but they are tools). I also have the iPhone 4 and 3 iPAD 2s and 1 iPad 1... I work in the branding/entertainment industry so tablets are 'a cool way to promote my business and reels'...

Coming from as a developer for Apple's IOS as well, I get to play with their latest IOS5 beta 7 and I have enjoyed it a lot. However, I can't stop myself getting the Touchpad cause it was on a really really really good deal...

So after a week of using HP Touchpad, I actually like it a lot, I've done all the tweak to make it a 1.5ghz speed and it's running very well, sadly it is still not as fast as the iPad 2 (but definitely faster than the iPad 1)

What I like about HP Touchpad is cool and very intuitive, I actually like the multi-gesture part of it, however, IOS5 has a lot more on it's gesture options that I think it is very much same.

I like the fact that I can just plug it to the computer and copy files to it instead of using iTunes.

I love the 'card' concept, but dislike the fact that unlike IOS5, you can quickly close a browser's window.

I like the look and feel, with case on, the HP Touchpad is actually same weight as my iPad 2 with case and smartcover on.

The internet speed seems to be faster on the Touchpad. Sadly it doesnt' work with myfi for tethering

I LOVE the keyboard, it is much better layout than the IOS5 one, unfortunately, unlike the IOS5, I tend to hit the 'side' of a key and it shows the wrong key, with IOS5, I hardly make mistake.

Sound, yeap, better than iPad's

Video quality is similar. Flash, of course, Touchpad (been able to check out many websites that uses flash, althought a bit slow in processing the information, and sometimes the play timeline bar is hard to 'control'.

App wise, there is a few, but not enough, at least I was hoping to find some basic apps that I would use with my iPads (dropbox, teamviewer, soundnote - for note taking, etc). Games wise, I wish there were a bit more network multiplayer type of games (like Dungeon Hunter, etc). I am sure there will be more APP developers cranking out apps so I will be patient with it.

Disappointed, no way to connect the Touchpad with a projector I use my iPads for that reason a lot, hooking up to a projector directly using the VGA or HDMI adaptor to mirror what I have on the table to the screen, as we do a lot of presentation... If TouchPad has that, that would be great (I don't want to go out and buy a wifi ready projector when I already have a nice projector in the studio).

Overall, Touchpad is a good tablet for what it has to offer (not to mention for the price), I'm considering keeping it and use it daily along my iPads.

Thanks for the opportunity to write this out.

Johnny
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast