Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I'm not sure if this is a common bug but I have auto dim off and my brightness seems to change randomly while the screen is on. Anyone else experience this?
    I was actually planning to create a new thread on this issue, and I am glad that someone brought this up. I have noticed similar issues on 3 32 GBs Touchpads: 1 for me, 1 for my wife, and a friend. The screen of my Touchpad and wife is brighter but the screen of my friends 32 GB is warmer. The difference between the bright screen and warmer screen (i.e. slightly yellowish screen) is very obvious. I also find it easier to read on the brighter screen. I thought that there was something wrong with the display and was considering notifying HP about a screen defect. It might still be a screen defect but I am not 100% sure.
    @ NSA if you can't tell if your screen is bright, then chances are it is the bright one because you would most likely have complained about the yellowish warmer screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaleE View Post
    @ NSA if you can't tell if your screen is bright, then chances are it is the bright one because you would most likely have complained about the yellowish warmer screen.
    I have one of each and BOTH are equally bright with auto-dim turned off. The color temp calibration of the screen is independent from the brightness, IME.
    Here are 3 Touchpad serial number and my screen observations:

1. 5CL1179XXX ( Warmer Screen/Yellowish/ Darker Screen)
    2. 5CL1240XXX (Cool Screen/ Blue/ Bright Screen)
    3. 5CL1240XXX (Cool Screen/ Blue/ Bright Screen)

No complaints on the 5CL1240's because it looks white and bright, however the 5CL1179 screen is noticeably not as bright as the other screens .
    Last edited by WaleE; 08/30/2011 at 03:25 PM.
    5CL1250XXX. Looks white and bright. No complaints
    I've got two sitting in front of me now.

One is a 32gb one and one is a 16gb one. The 32gb is noticeably more yellow.

Serials:
    16gb - 5CL1230M88
    32gb - 5CL1190IGE

Selling one to a mate. The question is, would you take more memory or the brighter screen?

(and if my mate looks in - you're lucky you are getting anything! I could have sold it on ebay for more than the cost price you paid so there :P)
    32gb 5CL1210 From the posted pic`s mine looks like the warmer screen. Maybe that will help save battery life by not being so bright?
    Last edited by eolian; 08/30/2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: add more
    Quote Originally Posted by eolian View Post
    32gb 5CL1210 From the posted pic`s mine looks like the warmer screen. Maybe that will help save battery life by not being so bright?
    Good theory buy in my little experiment of watching the same youtube clip on both - the battery goes down at the same level on both albeit my test is obviously not that scientific.

The screens actually only seem different when showing the white backgrounds. On the you tube clips I couldn't distinguish the colours.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have touchpads with both screens.

The brighter one has a cooler tone. When it dims completely you cant read anything. Its 5cl1210xxx maybe LG?

The warmer one reminds me of amoled.... Not as bright as other one. It also seems more clear. Also readable at dimmest setting. Its 5cl1250xxx maybe samsung?
    32GB 5CL1180XXX: appears to be cool although I have nothing to compare it with.
    Hi everyone, I have two 16gb HP touchpads and I thought I would share my experiences.
    5CL1261 - a little brighter and whiter at max brightness
    5CL1260 - a little dimmer at max brightness

However, brightness is NOT the first thing I noticed. I first noticed that the 5CL1260 model was slightly HEAVIER, and felt a little more sturdy. Did anyone else with two touchpads feel this way?

Also, the 5CL1261 model has a different HP PN (FB454UT#ABA) while the other one is FB355UA#ABA. Does this make a difference? The FB454UT#ABA model says SMARTBUY while the other one says MAIN
    I have a 32 and a 16, only the 32 is with me atm. I'll put them side by side when I get home and post results.
    5CL1180 looks fine to me. (32GB/newegg)
    Hi everyone I bought a touchpad from onSale with the HP PN FB454UT while the one from Best Buy is FB355UA. Is there a difference between these?
    Quote Originally Posted by dan6738 View Post
    Hi everyone I bought a touchpad from onSale with the HP PN FB454UT while the one from Best Buy is FB355UA. Is there a difference between these?
    HP uses different part #'s depending on which distribution channel the units were sold through (for tracking purposes). The TP's themselves are exactly the same.
    Is there any way to calibrate the color to make it cooler?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I dont think they are the same screens. I think there are at least 2 screen manufacturers. Both good looking screens IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperfire21 View Post
    I have touchpads with both screens.

The brighter one has a cooler tone. When it dims completely you cant read anything. Its 5cl1210xxx maybe LG?

The warmer one reminds me of amoled.... Not as bright as other one. It also seems more clear. Also readable at dimmest setting. Its 5cl1250xxx maybe samsung?
    That sounds about like the two I have. The brighter one has a much larger range bright-to-dim, though I still found it readable.

I thought the warmer one might be just a bit clearer to read but I wasn't sure how much the brightness effected that. With auto-dim turned off, they seem about the same to me other than the color temp.
    has everyone upgraded the os? Mine was a bit yellow yesterday and def. Not as bright as it could have been.. After the OS upgrade it seems to be perfect now.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast