All,

I am a tech person, but new to the HP Touchpad / webos arena. So, although I know a lot about computers in General, my knowledge of HP Touchpads and WebOS is limited.

I bought a pair of HP Touchpad 16G today due to the firesale, wanted to load up some basic apps for myself and the wife.

Downloaded a few apps from the HP store that didn't say Touchpad. Two in particular. one I can't recall the name of, and the second one was Stitcher. Both of them came up in the "Pre" mode (a lot of black screen with a small phone in the middle.

The first time (with the app I don't recall), after it failed, I no longer had a web connection for any app, including the standard web browser. I did everything I could to fix it (airplane mode, etc), until I had to do a full reset (one up from the bottom in Device Options).

It cleared everything, I was able to log back in, and download all the apps again.

Later, I was playing with Stitcher, another "Pre" mode app. This time, it too caused my wifi to go south. I figured I would try just the reset of all apps (the top Reset option, not the third one). It reset, but I still can't connect to my wifi. I can put in the WPA-2 passcode, and it is accepted, but I get "No Internet Connection - Cannot connect to the Internet through this connection. Try another network".

I tried Power / Select / Volume off, which gave me heart failure when it wouldn't turn back on (I had to hold the power button in, tap Select 10-15 time, release both, then tap Power again). But, I'm still back to the same "Cannot connect".

Is there a way to get past the Terms & Conditions w/out Wifi, and just do a thorough reset?

And, yeah, I tried to run the webdoctor - even though the touchpad is registered, the site says it is an invalid serial number, and refuses to download the app to my PC.

Thanks.

James
    I was able to recover by downloading the webdoctor directly, and then also by turning off all security on my wifi AP (D-Link 615). Once I did that, and I was able to get the system up & running, I could turn the security back on (WPA-2), and the tablet continues to work - sort of.

Questions:
    Am I not supposed to run "Pre" apps, if they are listed in the HP App Catalog? They seem to cause problems...

Is there a known issue with setting up the tablet using WPA-2 mode and/or D-Link 615 Routers?

I've tried numerous times to download webOS 3.0.2 (I thought I had done that when I ran the webdoctor), but System Updates still wants to try & download it, it starts, and then dies. I once got about 1/3 done, but then it quit again, and it wants to start over.

Any answers / suggestions to these issues?

Thanks.

James
    Quote Originally Posted by cayz View Post
    I was able to recover by downloading the webdoctor directly, and then also by turning off all security on my wifi AP (D-Link 615). Once I did that, and I was able to get the system up & running, I could turn the security back on (WPA-2), and the tablet continues to work - sort of.

Questions:
    Am I not supposed to run "Pre" apps, if they are listed in the HP App Catalog? They seem to cause problems...

Is there a known issue with setting up the tablet using WPA-2 mode and/or D-Link 615 Routers?

I've tried numerous times to download webOS 3.0.2 (I thought I had done that when I ran the webdoctor), but System Updates still wants to try & download it, it starts, and then dies. I once got about 1/3 done, but then it quit again, and it wants to start over.

Any answers / suggestions to these issues?

Thanks.

James
    I'm thinking that you are having the same Wi-FI diconnect problem as other people.. search out "WIFI disconnecting" .. and I can't say for sure that it is related to your downloads.. but I don't think so !