Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hey all,

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but it drove me crazy for a couple of days so I thought I'd share...

Basically, I added my work Exchange email account to my TouchPad, which required me to enable the PIN lock (Exchange policy). The next day I decided that I didn't want/need my work email on my TouchPad, so I went into the email app and removed the Exchange account. HOWEVER, when I later went into the Screen/Lock settings page, the PIN lock was still enabled and there was no option to turn it off (only PIN or Simple Password)!

Long story short(ish), I had to go into Settings-->Accounts and remove the account from THERE as well. Actually, I personally re-added the account first and THEN removed from the Accounts settings screen...but, in retrospect, that probably wasn't necessary.

Anyways, maybe that was obvious to some.. But it ****ed me off enough to post this. :-)
    Thanks for this.
    I had a different but similar problem, and you helped me solve it. For the benefit of others:

I wanted to remove the PIN code lock from my TouchPad - and knowing that it was my company's Exchange rule that was enforcing the use of a PIN, I went straight into the Accounts setting and removed the Exchange account.

That didn't allow me to remove the PIN lock. Neither did a reboot.
    Reading your note, I went into the email app to also remove the account from there. But of course the account wasn't there to remove!!!

After a bit of cursing, I went back into the Lock Settings, and found that I could now remove the PIN lock!

So it seems as though I needed to at least OPEN the email app (after removing the Exchange account from Account Settings) before I could remove the PIN lock.

Hope this helps someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_exec View Post
    Hey all,

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but it drove me crazy for a couple of days so I thought I'd share...

Basically, I added my work Exchange email account to my TouchPad, which required me to enable the PIN lock (Exchange policy). The next day I decided that I didn't want/need my work email on my TouchPad, so I went into the email app and removed the Exchange account. HOWEVER, when I later went into the Screen/Lock settings page, the PIN lock was still enabled and there was no option to turn it off (only PIN or Simple Password)!

Long story short(ish), I had to go into Settings-->Accounts and remove the account from THERE as well. Actually, I personally re-added the account first and THEN removed from the Accounts settings screen...but, in retrospect, that probably wasn't necessary.

Anyways, maybe that was obvious to some.. But it ****ed me off enough to post this. :-)
    hi,

You need to go the Account setting and click yr office email address and remove them. Next go to the "screen and Lock" and click "off", the touchpad will prompt the password again. Enter yr pin again and it will show "Off". Hopefully it will work for you too.