Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
  1. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Someone made the same point at SD.. but yeah, to each their own.

I can see the benefits and drawbacks for the 64GB model. Most people won't need that much space.. and for an extra $100 at that.

But there will be a handful of people who CAN use an extra 32GB of 'around town space' and if they can afford the premium so be it.

Would also just to have one of the 'special' TP's even if it was overpriced.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I think it's hilarious that there's another thread right now that says no 64GB, but then this thread is right next to it... Talk about timing lol...
    jboogie3#WN likes this.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    MastaCow53, you're either going to have a unique piece of hardware on these forums or be a victim. I hope it's the previous, so good luck and I'll host the pics for you if you want...
    Thank's, I wasn't trying to start a firestorm. I was just trying to share my good fortune.

My wife has had a Pre since day one and I wanted to surprise her with a cheap Touchpad.

I watched Slickdeals and this deal popped up.

I told my wife "I went hunting for bear and caught a unicorn".
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaCow53 View Post
    Thank's, I wasn't trying to start a firestorm. I was just trying to share my good fortune.

My wife has had a Pre since day one and I wanted to surprise her with a cheap Touchpad.

Good luck...
    MastaCow53, we're really hoping for the best for you... But lately we've become a very pessimistic lot for some reason.
    "Be excellent to each other!" -Bill & Ted
    akshunj likes this.
    1.5MHz... so even an 8088 is faster?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Tikerz likes this.
    call HP and ask what they think?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    MastaCow53, we're really hoping for the best for you... But lately we've become a very pessimistic lot for some reason.
    That's probably because many people ordering touchpads are having issues... Lots are canceled and some aren't sure either way.

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    1.5MHz... so even an 8088 is faster?

Fixed

I hope you get it and it will be interesting to see how it performs out of the box with the faster cpu compared to the original. Still wish I could get one w/3g, but thats obviously not going to happen now.
    SO I cant find how to buy it, I searched coastcentral.com, they dont have any H/P touchpad available for sale, only accessories.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    SO I cant find how to buy it, I searched coastcentral.com, they dont have any H/P touchpad available for sale, only accessories.
    I'm thinking the sale I got was a CostCentral plant on Slickdeals because on the bottom of my confirmation e-mail it says:

"Customer Comments: Referred by: slickdeals"

I didn't leave any customer comments.

Oh, and it was a 200 unit sale, It's long gone. Not saying there won't be another one.....but who knows.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    That would be pretty cool if you get it, would certainly be the rarest of touchpads.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I ordered one too, can't confirm til its actually in hand, but in the slickdeals thread one person did call to confirm it wasn't a typo, and my order has processed and the funds have been withdrawn, so now I wait and see. I lucked upon finding this thread and they only had 200 for sale. If I doesn't work out I'm okay, as I woke up and stood outside best buy an hour and a half before they opened to get a 32gb one.

Crazy enough I wasn't even 1st one there, and the 2 people in front of me had never actually used webOS before. I, being in love with it, happily walked them thru what they were lucky enough to be in store for and tips, etc. They were super excited after someone with working knowledge explained things and the joys of webOS - something that was almost never the case if people asked a lot of sales people at the stores from my experience when at BB and other places and I would overhear customers enquiring about webOS.

I hadn't planned on getting another one, but if it does work out I'll be giving my dad my 32gb one that I'm typing this up on right now, as an unexpected thank you for all he has done for me over the years. He has been interested in a tablet for a while, but prob would never pull the trigger himself, or justify buying one like an ipad2 given the high price. Just not worth it to him for the cost, but this way I can get him something really great in my opinion at a steal of a deal, and hopefully convert 1 more person into a webOS enthusiast!

Pictures by jmleese - Photobucket

Code:
    http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z459/jmleese/?action=view&amp;current=08_233900.png
    Last edited by jmleese; 08/24/2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: trying to get pic to embed... ?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I'm thinking the sale I got was a CostCentral plant on Slickdeals because on the bottom of my confirmation e-mail it says:

"Customer Comments: Referred by: slickdeals"

I didn't leave any customer comments.

Oh, and it was a 200 unit sale, It's long gone. Not saying there won't be another one.....but who knows.
    got one too, congrats MastaCow I saw that in my email so I think you are right and they planted the tip. Plus it was started in the deal disc forum vs the hot deals one where I would haven expected it to have been posted. As a sprint launch day pre owner and webOS junkie, I'll second your statement! I do feel like I went hunting for a bear, and ended up bagging a unicorn!

if it turns out legit I'll be real curious to know how many of these ever saw the light of day- can't be too many???? I'd better start looking for a rocksolid protector for it. Anyone have any suggestions for a hard shell case?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmleese View Post
    got one too, congrats MastaCow I saw that in my email so I think you are right and they planted the tip. Plus it was started in the deal disc forum vs the hot deals one where I would haven expected it to have been posted. As a sprint launch day pre owner and webOS junkie, I'll second your statement! I do feel like I went hunting for a bear, and ended up bagging a unicorn!

if it turns out legit I'll be real curious to know how many of these ever saw the light of day- can't be too many???? I'd better start looking for a rocksolid protector for it. Anyone have any suggestions for a hard shell case?
    I know, I'm going to be posting pictures and videos everywhere because the White TouchPad literally doesn't exist now.
    Last edited by MastaCow53; 08/24/2011 at 12:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I know I can't find anything online but a few blog posts, no real pics, or video??

I heard it was supposed to be tweaked for enhanced graphics performance besides just the spec bump from 1.2 to 1.5, and I know its the same processor just a higher rating, but can't find any real info on the other tweaks except small mentions in improvements and some other “upgrades/refinements” that were to be surprises when it supposed to be orig released in the future b4 HP did a 180 and the firesale mayhem ensued. Real curious what to expect and if there will be anything of real interest in terms of other spec bumps or tweaks…
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I know, I'm going to be posting pictures and videos everywhere because the White TouchPad literally doesn't exist now.
    Hi Masta,

Any shipping confirmation or any info confirming your order yet?

Thanks.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Hi Masta,

Any shipping confirmation or any info confirming your order yet?

Thanks.
    No, just the confirmation e-mail I got when I placed the order.

But, a couple of guys that paid extra for 2 Day Air Express have their tracking numbers and their credit cards have been charged. They posted pics of the tracking e-mails.

So, I'm still hopeful this will all work out.
    akshunj likes this.
    nice...congrats to the 3 of you...pics will be awesome...i'd be excited too!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast