Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    My TP has a problem connecting to websites. Its hit or miss. After using it for more than 5 minutes, all I get is "unable to connect to host"

Anyone else experiencing this? My wifi connection is strong as I also have my laptop running and have no problem connecting to sites.
    what's the security setting on yr router?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  3. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I had this happen sporadically.. I usually close the card and reopen and it's better. I chalked it up to our shoddy AT&T WiFi but could be something else.

Specific websites or all websites?
    Haven't seen that issue. Have you rebooted your touchpad lately?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    It seems to be fine after a reboot but after a short time, it starts lagging and gives me the same "unable to connect to host" message when trying to access various sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
    My TP has a problem connecting to websites. Its hit or miss. After using it for more than 5 minutes, all I get is "unable to connect to host"

Anyone else experiencing this? My wifi connection is strong as I also have my laptop running and have no problem connecting to sites.
    Could be your router. I had intermittent connection at home, it ticked me off. I found out that the Blackberry Playbook had issues with my brand of router (D-Link DIR-615) and solved it by using either g-only or n-only modes. I've also seen some posts around here about not using WPA2 or PSK/TKIPS (not sure exactly which). I'm using WPA2 right now, but changed my router to use g-only mode (n-only works too, but I've got some devices that aren't n compliant). Solved my problems, TouchPad connects effortlessly now.

Also, interestingly enough, when my TouchPad was having trouble connecting, my hardwired computers would get knocked offline. It was weird.