1.    #1  
    I'm hoping it is just user error, but I am having issues with the volume on my touchpad. More specifically, no sound will come from the speakers and I have to restart yo get sound again. I've noticed this happens after I've let it charge and then begin using again. Has anyone had a similar issue, or have any info that may be of use.
    note: preware is installed, overclocked to 1.5, along with a few other patches

thanks
    This sounds like an issue in WebOS 3.0.0. I thought this was fixed in 3.0.2 as I don't have this issue. Check your version of WebOS.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    FYI updates are found under "System Updates" in the "SETTINGS" tab
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply Achill3s. Currently running version 3.0.2. I uninstalled most of the patches I had. If that doesn't work, I'll uninstall preware and see if the issue goes away.
    Last edited by madvillain86; 08/23/2011 at 11:26 PM.
    Maybe it wasn't fixed in 3.0.2?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madvillain86 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Achill3s. Currently running version 3.0.2. I uninstalled most of the patches I had. If that doesn't work, I'll uninstall preware and see if the issue goes away.
    Preware shouldn't cause any issues. Patches could. I haven't found this to be an issue with mine. (knock on wood) If you find out the issue please let us know!

Good luck!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Preware shouldn't cause any issues. Patches could. I haven't found this to be an issue with mine. (knock on wood) If you find out the issue please let us know!

Good luck!
    Figured preware wouldn't be the cause, but I guess it doesn't hurt to eliminate all possible causes.. I have sound again (for now), so hopefully the issue is resolve for good. Will post an update tomorrow. Thanks
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I have the issue from time to time as well. I can go for a few days without the audio dying. Then it'll happen almost daily for a couple days. I haven't been able to track down any type of pattern.

I'm on the latest webOS version as well
    War Eagle!
  9.    #9  
    I may have found what the issue is. After putting the TP to charge, I made sure there was still sound coming from the speakers. I let it sit for a few minutes, then when I removed the charger I didn't have sound anymore. So I immediately plugged the charger back in an out and the sound came back. Havent had any issues since my previous post.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madvillain86 View Post
    I may have found what the issue is. After putting the TP to charge, I made sure there was still sound coming from the speakers. I let it sit for a few minutes, then when I removed the charger I didn't have sound anymore. So I immediately plugged the charger back in an out and the sound came back. Havent had any issues since my previous post.
    I will give this a shot. Because this is so annoying.
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    I hear a lot of people talking about this problem, but I've never experienced it. I do occasionally experience system sounds that don't trigger when I do something, but I've never had sound completely drop on mine.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: