1.    #1  
    I just read through the whole communication that HP sent my company's CEO this evening. At the bottom of the announcements on prices, price protection etc, it said:

" **64GB is no longer available. Please remove it from any websites"

Straight from the source.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Astronomer View Post
    I just read through the whole communication that HP sent my company's CEO this evening. At the bottom of the announcements on prices, price protection etc, it said:

you don't work for onSale do you?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Scan and post or we don't believe you...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    you don't work for onSale do you?
    Nope. We're a regional VAR that primarily integrates HP's Enterprise solutions, as well as selling desktops etc. We get all HP PSG communications.
    I'll believe you.

64GB of NAND isn't cheap, folks, and I doubt that they would be stupid enough to sell it for $200. They're already losing money on every TP as it is.

On the other hand, what's the price of leaving a couple in a warehouse somewhere for a few years? That's what happened with the Folio, anyways, so I guess it wasn't a huge deal.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Scan and post or we don't believe you...
    I'm sorry...you must be 12 years old. Why would I lie? I'm relaying timely info within a couple of minutes of receiving it. This info will be widespread shortly as it all is effective as of Wednesday August 24.
    Last edited by Astronomer; 08/23/2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: typo correction
  7. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I wonder how many of those got made in the first place..
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I'm sorry...you must be 12 years old. Why would I lie? I'm relaying timely info within a couple of minutes of receiving it. This info will be widespread shortly as it all is effective as of Wednesday August 24.
    Scan it or take a pic.... No big deal right?
  9.    #9  
    Yes, big deal. These communications, as stated, are for Partner Information Purposes and are not to be distributed. Relaying the info - which is or will be public knowledge shortly - is one thing. Distributing a document that HP says is not for distribution is another thing. People have been fired for less.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Any other news? More inventory of TP or phones?
  11.    #11  
    For Canada at least, Inventory of TP's are stated as being "limited". No mention of phones as that's not part of the same marketing channel as the TP.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Yes, big deal. These communications, as stated, are for Partner Information Purposes and are not to be distributed. Relaying the info - which is or will be public knowledge shortly - is one thing. Distributing a document that HP says is not for distribution is another thing. People have been fired for less.
    Come I won't tell. I promise.
    So we need to forget about TouchPad 4G too?.... sigh .. no Pre 3 for US, now no TouchPad 4G too.....
    @akshunj grow up. The first request was reasonable, second not, and third just stupid.
    PalmV - Kyo 6035 - 7135 - 650 - 700wx - pre+clocked - pre+2.1 mod - and no Pre3 time to get a Pre2?

June 19 - 8:45am - early order Touchpad. Love it! Used fire sale refund to get another. Rest paid for all accessories. Trying to teach the wife to love it.

support WebOs internals!
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    fyi, I ordered a 64gb white touchpad today, and posted the details & screenshot of my confirmed order in the other thread in this forum. My guess is they aren't shipping anymore and may not bring more states side but I'm guessing preferred retailers and select vendors got some inventory before the rest of the 3rd party resellers and that is a notice to them that they won't be available any longer for anyone requesting since they prob have a better profit margin on these, so HP would likely want to sell any directly to keep those margins?