Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By jbg7474
  • 3 Post By bignoze
  • 2 Post By jetsetter883
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I called HP Small Biz today on those currently being processed Touchpads. The guy who answered said some interesting things. Take this with a grain of salt, some things weren't very clear because of his heavy accent but, the guy said that all or most of the orders made to Small Biz will be fufilled but in a few weeks because more Touchpads have to be built to fill the orders.

Also, he said HP wasn't expecting to blow out inventory so quickly so they have to build more.

More Touchpad's have to be built? I thought it was out of production but anything floats my boat. So whoever got their order confirmation via email, we're in luck for most or all of the orders will be fufilled but it may take longer than we thought.

I thought I would be able to have my shiny new touchpad soon. Let's hope that few weeks isn't and it turns out to be a few days.
    It's possible that they still have lots of parts orders and other commitments that have yet to be filled. So they may be being built, but HP already paid or committed to pay for them.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    sorli likes this.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Like a csr knows anything.....
    Premium1, geekpeter and laoh like this.
    well technically hardware production ends by the end of october.... So they could have already stopped, or still be assembling
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Oh and also, anyone who ordered before 2PM ET on Saturday(I ordered at 9PM crap ) are in the first batch orders.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    But how many will they make? It might be too small of an amount to matter?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Don't forget they will also need to hold back a certain amount to fulfill warranty returns.
    maybe they suddenly realized the value in selling these at a loss
    Jonnie and sorli like this.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    They will only be making more for SMB customers, the guys who ordered from home and home office are getting more stock to sell but they have completely different stock from SMB. SMB actually gets to make more but they're not selling anymore, just fufilling the rest of the orders. I would guess HP is making just enough to make everyone or most happy.
    they will be ready in the coming months!
    -------------------------------------------------
    Wando Red
    Palm Pilot (3COM), Palm III, Palm V, Treo 650, Palm Pre, TouchPad 16G, HTC Arrive (WP7)
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WANDO RED View Post
    they will be ready in the coming months!
    lol