Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Well I wish my introductory post was happier and I had wanted to wait till I had a product in my hands before I started obsessing with talking about it, but I felt this subject needed to be brought up.

After reading about people ordering from HP on Sunday and receiving shipping confirmation, I decided to enter the HP live chat customer support to inquire about the order I placed on Friday.

I was not happy when this is what she told me:

"Since you choose 5-7 Business Days ( Home Delivery), expect to receive an email notification about the delivery this week or next week. Your tracking number will be provided as well."

I reiterated my concerns and made mention of having spoken to another agent on Saturday when I decided to confirm my order. In that conversation, the agent assured me that orders were being processed in the order they were received. I asked again why someone who ordered 2 days after me would get a shipment notification before me.

"The best possible shipment of your order is next week, since you choose 5-7 Business Days (Home Delivery)."

When I then questioned why HP would delay orders based on the method of shipping chosen, the response was effectively, "do the math" and then very quickly switched to the "if there is nothing further I can help you with I will terminate this chat" script.

Needless to say, I am not pleased.
    Get over it. Management decided to prioritize order processing by shipping priority. Makes perfect sense to process orders promised faster shipping first. It' probably going to take them till Friday or longer to get caught up with processing and shipping.
    prdamrican#AC likes this.
    Yeah. Well you are still getting one which is more than a lot of people can say.
    If I pay for shipping, and you don't, personally I am paying because I expect to get a higher priority than you. This is an extraordinary circumstance, and you might find your item shipped later, but HP upgrades the method to Air from Ground to get you your item closer to the time indicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by hstechfl View Post
    Yeah. Well you are still getting one which is more than a lot of people can say.
    This.

Sometimes its easier to whine about what we don't have, rather than count the blessings we do have.
    The Bard likes this.
    Well mines starting shipping today at 4:30 and I chose 5-7 days.
    I opted to pay for 2 day shipping. I placed my order on friday night (prior to the sale.. sorta). My package was due to arrive today (tuesday, 23) by 4:30 PM. I received an email with my tracking number on Saturday evening.

After chasing HP on the phone and a few calls to FedEx I discovered that my package hasn't even been picked up yet.

Bummer, Two day shipping was $40!! and FedEx just says "initialized"
    Has anyone ordered from HP been able to track theres?
    Quote Originally Posted by wbussing View Post
    I opted to pay for 2 day shipping. I placed my order on friday night (prior to the sale.. sorta). My package was due to arrive today (tuesday, 23) by 4:30 PM. I received an email with my tracking number on Saturday evening.

After chasing HP on the phone and a few calls to FedEx I discovered that my package hasn't even been picked up yet.

Bummer, Two day shipping was $40!! and FedEx just says "initialized"
    Has anyone ordered from HP been able to track theres?
    Yup. I went with free shipping on Friday night and mine will be here tomorrow according to FedEx.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    i got an email this morning stating it would ship this thursday. I just got an email now saying its ready to ship, got tracking info
    Quote Originally Posted by premoney View Post
    i got an email this morning stating it would ship this thursday. I just got an email now saying its ready to ship, got tracking info
    This! I have had this same email since saturday. Status in the email says "Shipped" FedEx says they haven't even picked it up yet. Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekOutDog View Post
    Well I wish my introductory post was happier and I had wanted to wait till I had a product in my hands before I started obsessing with talking about it, but I felt this subject needed to be brought up.

After reading about people ordering from HP on Sunday and receiving shipping confirmation, I decided to enter the HP live chat customer support to inquire about the order I placed on Friday.

I was not happy when this is what she told me:

"Since you choose 5-7 Business Days ( Home Delivery), expect to receive an email notification about the delivery this week or next week. Your tracking number will be provided as well."

I reiterated my concerns and made mention of having spoken to another agent on Saturday when I decided to confirm my order. In that conversation, the agent assured me that orders were being processed in the order they were received. I asked again why someone who ordered 2 days after me would get a shipment notification before me.

"The best possible shipment of your order is next week, since you choose 5-7 Business Days (Home Delivery)."

When I then questioned why HP would delay orders based on the method of shipping chosen, the response was effectively, "do the math" and then very quickly switched to the "if there is nothing further I can help you with I will terminate this chat" script.

Needless to say, I am not pleased.

I ordered mine during the day of the 20th from the small business site and received the order confirmation email on the evening of the 20th. I also received the "Shipment status EMail for PO#...." email with the tracking number. I entered the tracking number into FEDX and set up email notifications. This is from the last email from FEDX,

"This shipment was tendered to FedEx Ground on 08/22/2011.

I should receive it by Friday. The estimated delivery date is the 29th. I chose 5-7 business days.

I initially purchased the Touchpad on release day and returned it the next, but for $99, yes, I'll buy another one.
    Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I used the standard free shipping as well. The order was placed at 12:02 Saturday morning, but I had to put forward the full $499 price which was partially refunded ($350 credit) today.
    Also, dont know if it makes a difference, but my HP account is a State/Local government account.
    Quote Originally Posted by hstechfl View Post
    Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I used the standard free shipping as well. The order was placed at 12:02 Saturday morning, but I had to put forward the full $499 price which was partially refunded ($350 credit) today.
    I did the exact same thing, and was charged $40 for the 2 day shipping haha, and people are getting their's before me.. and FREE! oh well, I will see it soon enough. Enjoy your touchpads folks
    As of 10 minutes ago my Touchpad has been "picked up" in memphis tennessee
    Is HP price matching your $40 two-day shipping? Because when I ordered mine on Sunday night it was $9 bucks to upgrade to overnight. Of course I am sitting here with "Date will follow" on my order so I am not really ahead... but I guess if/when they decide to ship I will get it overnight.

Most companies do prioritize quicker shipping options above any "free" options available. Essentially when you choose "free shipping" you are saying "I am not in a hurrry... whenever you get around to it."
    Some of you may be disappointed to learn that a delivery date with no movement tracking means the "delivery date" is the date the item is turned over to fed-ex or UPS.
    Now that my item has been "picked up" FedEx says it will be arriving the 25th (2 days from now). I just got off the phone with HP and they have refunded my 2 day shipping charge. Which is awesome of them. I'll be using this refund to buy a case or touchstone.. or both

On another awesome note. She asked me if I would like to reserve any more touch pads for next week? She said I could put my name down for up to 10 touchpads!!! I'll be making a thread about this
    I had similar problems but they were resolved. I need my HP TouchPad by this Friday since I head off to college then and I'd have to wait a little longer for it if it arrived while I wasn't home. I called HP on Monday because I was concerned my order didn't ship yet. I spoke to one HP rep who had zero knowledge on the situation and just told me it would arrive at the latest on September 1 which is well after my desired date. I then gave the rep a terrible review in the customer satisfactory survey and minutes later a second HP rep calls me. This rep unlike the first one I spoke to was incredibly knowledgeable on the situation and assured me my TouchPad would come on time. She even told me around when it would ship and she was right. She even emailed me later that day to reconfirm that I'll get the price match refund in my bank account a few days after my TouchPad ships. Bottom line, if your first rep sucks, stay on the line for the customer satisfactory survey and be honest, it could lead to a much better rep.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Get over it. Management decided to prioritize order processing by shipping priority. Makes perfect sense to process orders promised faster shipping first. It' probably going to take them till Friday or longer to get caught up with processing and shipping.
    I live near a major hub, so I almost never bother to pay for any form of expedited shipping since it rarely truly expedites the process in my case. The fact is the HP's own publicly available shipping terms do not in any way shape or form reflect the statements made by the agent I spoke to today. Regardless, a customer service rep should provide a more satisfactory response than "Do the math." My order is of no less value than any other order.

Also, unlike the people that ordered on Sunday, when I ordered on Friday the sale was just beginning and I had no way of knowing how desperate people would be to get their hands on remaining inventory. I do feel sympathy for the people who have not yet been able to find an unit.

Regardless, is HP providing this product on a first come first serve basis, or on the terms of whoever will pay the most for shipping? If they're not profiting off shipping, than shipping method should be inconsequential to them.

<<mod delete>>

I will be thrilled when I finally get my hands on my purchase and look forward to when the hysteria has calmed down enough that a sense of community can be rebuilt on these forums so that I can hopefully become a welcomed part of it.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/24/2011 at 07:22 AM. Reason: insulting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast