1.    #1  
    any GPS navigation apps like tom tom which dont require WIFI but work off the gps chip in the device?
    Touchpad doesn't have a gps chip :/
  3.    #3  
    LOL WHAT REALLY???

DAMN... just ASSUMED IT did...haha so much for that!
    Would it be possible to use a webOS phone as a Bluetooth GPS for the TouchPad?
    The 64g 3g Touchpad has a GPS chip, but the others do not.
    Not that we are ever going to see the 64g model.

I know this because I was holding out for the GPS model. Boy, did I feel silly when HP announced they were discontinuing the Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSnewbie View Post
    LOL WHAT REALLY???

DAMN... just ASSUMED IT did...haha so much for that!
    For $500, I'd skip it for that reason. For $99, that should be something you can overlook. I've used the GPS in my Transformer maybe 5 or 6 times since I bought it on launch day -- I mostly use my phone, which I always have with me.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I Ordered a 64 gb white TP yesterday. Came across a thread linking an online store selling them for 249. Only had had 200 in stock.
    *It probably is a wifi only version, but some speculated it could be the ones with 4G & GPS , and I read somewhere the 64gb version was enhanced for better graphic performance - & not just based off the 1.5 vs 1.2 clockspeed, since it's the same chip just rated higher.
    *So I guess it could conceivably be able to be overclocked higher safely , not that I'd prob chance it or that there'd even be someone creating a unique kernal for the 64gb version any way.
    *I can literally find next to nothing on the internet about it in detail or very many pics of the white design, & no videos showing it off!?
    *There is a thread on here discussing the OP's also getting one yesterday, and no one believes it is real, but I posted my confirmation order email, and it has been processed, and my payment went through, as well as one person on the slickdeals thread calling to confirm it isn't a typo & is the 64gb white one that we got in on.
    *Like I said, it's prob a wifi only version, but I'd be stoked if it even just had GPS added.

*Either way I'm super excited to have it arrive & while it seems that it is legit & the seller is an authorized vendor by HP, I eagerly await having it in hand!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
    The 64g 3g Touchpad has a GPS chip, but the others do not.
    Not that we are ever going to see the 64g model.
    I know this because I was holding out for the GPS model. Boy, did I feel silly when HP announced they were discontinuing the Touchpad.
    I have an old Holux Bluetooth GPS receiver that I used to use with my Motorola Q. When (if) my Touchpads get here, I'll see if it will work with it. However, I would be really surprised if it did.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I saw a link a few days ago on the PCmall.gov website for the white version but it was not on discount yet. I wish you the best at getting one.
    NDrive has a GPS app for the touchpad in beta. I have it installed on my Touchpad. I also have the app on my Pre2.
    The processor chip in the wifi only Touchpads does not have a GPS. The GSM/CDMA processor chips include the 3g radios and GPS functionality, thus, any cellular enabled Touchpad should have a true GPS built in.

This is the SAME as the iPad/iPad2, so I don't see why everyone is getting upset about this.
    Wifi-only Honeycomb tablets have GPS built-in It's not something I use often, but I haven't traveled much since I bought my Transformer. My Eurotrip in November will probably be a truer test since I won't have my phone to use (will be using CoPilot with Euro maps installed, no need for a data connection). Or find a hotspot, let Google Maps cache our route, and go from there. Haven't decided