Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by No1up View Post
    that's like jumping out of the frying pan and in to the fire!
    I know, urgh. I will never own a Windows phone again, period.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neller2000 View Post
    Thousands of WebOS developers have already left WebOS for Windows phones.
    Free phones and support from the biggest software maker on the planet, why not? I've said this in other posts but Windows Phone 7 will be a player in the next 1-2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Free phones and support from the biggest software maker on the planet, why not? I've said this in other posts but Windows Phone 7 will be a player in the next 1-2 years.
    I think by that time, we'll have Windows 8. I do believe it's going to be the dark horse in the mobile OS arena.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    or donkey... dark donkey
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    But Android tablets, um, haven't. In fact, even before HP announced they were killing the TouchPad it was already the number two tablet. Sure, Android has a larger marketshare, but none of their tablets individually sell particularly well.
    It may be the #2 best selling tablet, but is it the #2 platform?
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    It may be the #2 best selling tablet, but is it the #2 platform?
    It wasn't even the number two. The asus Transfomer has been Pushing a ton of units since apirl. The Galaxy Tab 1o just passed the million mark and was called the fastest selling tablet since the Ipad in both america and the UK by retailers.

That's due to the Transformer having a useful gimmick and Samsung built up the Galaxy S brand. (if the focus was called galaxy s the sales would have doubled)
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    It wasn't even the number two. The asus Transfomer has been Pushing a ton of units since apirl. The Galaxy Tab 1o just passed the million mark and was called the fastest selling tablet since the Ipad in both america and the UK by retailers.

That's due to the Transformer having a useful gimmick and Samsung built up the Galaxy S brand. (if the focus was called galaxy s the sales would have doubled)
    That whole number two thing was probably heard in that sales meeting at Microsoft, that was abruptly interrupted by an HP rep demanding to set the record straight. The meeting then lasted for 6 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    I know there are people looking to port Android to the TouchPad but I believe those are in the extreme minority. A number of my friends bought one this weekend and they have every intention of using it as it was intended, as a webOS tablet.

Besides, replacing webOS with Android is like replacing a HEMI with a Daewoo. It's kind of a step down.
    I couldn't agree more with you
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12