Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
    I tried to convert from DVD using Handbrake and I could not get the video to work, audio worked fine but the picture was not watchable. I used the TP presets from the forums but after 3 attempts gave up. I used the internalz file manager to open the files. Any suggestions of what I am doing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdalek View Post
    I tried to convert from DVD using Handbrake and I could not get the video to work, audio worked fine but the picture was not watchable. I used the TP presets from the forums but after 3 attempts gave up. I used the internalz file manager to open the files. Any suggestions of what I am doing wrong.
    Try using Llanor's settings: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3100990 with MediaCoder
    Quote Originally Posted by professionalbum View Post
    I'm sorry. I'll go out on limb here and just assume most videos you wish to play are probably ill begotten movies from torrent sites. Again I may be wrong. Assuming I'm correct and you're in the same boat I myself may be in the question of spending $8 to play the 100s of movies you've collected for FREE seems a bit ridiculous. Again apologies if I'm wrong but .... really?! $8?

EDIT:

MicahDG - seriously chuckled at your signature thats funny.
    This argument would be better if the app in question performed up to it's $8 price. All it really does is get the aforementioned file types to load and show video/audio. Whether or not it will actually play at a serviceable level is another question...to which the answer remains 'no' for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    Ok, so once this is done, can you just drag and drop videos onto the TP?
    Yup...simple as drag and drop. I just created a folder named, "Videos". Moved the files and opened TouchPlayer to play them.
    @SandraW the rhetoric is that "nobody wants to invest the time and effort into a dead platform" Hopefully that isn't the case, and things start moving along, but remember that apps do take some time, and the explosion of users happened overnight.

Personally, between KalemSoft and UPnP AV Player, it works for me. I've just started looking into the UbuntuChroot, and I'm thinking that VLC could be implemented through that channel, however, my Linux experience, is practically nil, so I'm learning as I go along. Maybe it's possible, maybe it isn't. Time will tell.
  6. c2q
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Wher do i download the javascript homebrew thing? I can't find it anywhere on preware...
    I'm sorry what do I do with the files we have downloaded. Thank you. Not sure where to put them
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowTeg View Post
    Ok, so finally got a ripped movie to show up properly w/ handbrake.. Used the base ipad settings, big file size to off, Anamorphic = "none", framerate = "same as source", audio downsampled to stereo (just to save space), and Maximum B frames = 0. Finally no stuttering/hiccups/etc.

After a quick google search, I'm not sure why B frames aren't supported by the stock player, but it's definitely pretty lousy that it's not. Can anyone be sure that graphics acceleration is being used for video playback vs. just the "cpu"? The obvious advantage is that it will consume less battery power and support higher framerates/more power hungry codecs.
    Does this play correctly with the default TP player or are you using any 3rd party apps?
    Can someone point me into right direction to play m4v format? I down loaded a digital format that came with me movie, but it is in a m4v format and the TouchPad won't play the movie. I use Cucusoft to rip all of my movies, but before I do that I wanted to see if there was a way to play the m4v format on the TouchPad.
    <<posts edited and/or deleted>>

Please keep it polite.

Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Llanor View Post
    Hi there, I've done some extensive experimentation with the Touchpad and it's your lucky day! I can answer your question:

- The Touchpad can ONLY properly play files with an MP4 extension. This is exactly the same as M4V, you can just rename it.

Man, thank you so much for taking the time to write this out. You defintely went through alot of trouble and its appreciated.

Now with that said, I have a few questions/issues maybe you can help out with.
    I'll give a brief history of where I started and trying to accomplish, I rather not reinvent the wheel if that is what I'm doing.

I have a ton of disney blu-rays for the kids. I bought the touchpad for in car multimedia for the kids on a road trip this past weekend. I was using MakeMKV, to rip into single mkv files, then handbrake to convert using the ipad preset. While these worked well, the volume was low and playback when rewinding or fast forwarding got screwed up. So now I found this thread, learned about B-frames etc. Using the touchpad preset I found on the forums here http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...eset-dvds.html for handbrake, I got excellent quality but still volume was low. So I found this thread about using MediaCoder, hoping I could up the gain and get some volume back. So using your slow HQ preset, I'm using the same mkv file and it comes out good but if I fast forward or rewind during playback, forget it. The video won't resume and all that plays is audio. However I accomplished my goal of increasing the volume.

Now you stated that the touchpad wont play .m4v files only MP4, however every file I did via handbrake came out as a m4v but they play fine, just quiet. The MP4s that come out of MediaCoder, those I've had issues with...Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Have you applied the volume patch? HP has the max volume intentionally set lower than it can go, and this preware patch fixes that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post
    Have you applied the volume patch? HP has the max volume intentionally set lower than it can go, and this preware patch fixes that.
    Do you have a link? This is the first I've heard of this, I'll have to do some digging. How difficult is the preware patching process? Last thing I want to do is brick my touchpad - its a life saver with kids in the car!!!
    besmirched likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    +1 .. I want to know too, I have iPad and it is really having problem for playing movie.. especially 720p.

If Kalemsoft can play mkv dan many other format files with at least 720p quality very smoothly then $8 is very worth price!!
    seriously, if you have an iPad and you aren't using AVPlayerHD, then you are living in 2010 still.

as for kalemsoft, I paid for it and so far haven't had any issues. I drag and drop, then watch. Most of my files are AVI though.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    What is the largest mp4/m4v file that the Touchpad can see? The m4v files I am creating that are larger than 2G are not playing at all. I just installed TouchPlayer and will be testing this.

From what I have read on this forum, 4G is the file size max.

m-
    Last edited by no_balut_thanks; 09/15/2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: More info
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    2gb is the max the touchpad will play. I am not sure why it has such a limitation.
    Thx for the info! Does this limit also apply to the Kalemsoft app? TouchPlayer will play a bigger file than 2Gb, but it is very choppy.

m-
    I have mp4 movies that are over 2g. They play just fine. I also have a 1.7g mv4 that won't play because the m4v format is a protected file. It is a digital copy I got with my bluray. It will only play on my AIrtouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I have mp4 movies that are over 2g. They play just fine
    What did you use to encode the movie? Here is an example:

AnyDVD (decrypt)
    CloneMobile (encode - default iPad settings)
    Movie: Transformers (filesize: 2.18Gb)

When I try to play this movie with the native Touchpad (Photos/Video) player is does not load. Also, when I try to play the movie using the other player native to Internalz Pro, there is an error.

What steps are you using to watch a >2Gb movie?

Thanks.

m-
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by no_balut_thanks View Post
    Thx for the info! Does this limit also apply to the Kalemsoft app? TouchPlayer will play a bigger file than 2Gb, but it is very choppy.

m-
    No Kamelsoft does not have the same limit. Previous poster probably used Kalemsoft because the stock video player will not play them no matter what.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast