Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jdlyall
  • 2 Post By untitled
  • 2 Post By arcticrobot
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to run meego on a touchpad by using ubutnto. basicly run ubunto then run the meego sdk onto of it.
    this sounds like a lot more fun than Android.
    jetsetter883 likes this.
    I'd give it a spin.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    It should be fairly possible to port meego directly. It's a true linux distro.
    Why do either? I'd be happy with webOS. If not, get a table that comes with the software optimized for it. How well will a Meego (or Droid) hack run anyway?
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Why do either? I'd be happy with webOS.
    I suspect I will be happy with webOS (don't have my TouchPad yet, but I've wanted one since they were announced), but it's fun to try new things.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    C-Note and DemonHighwayman like this.
  7.    #7  
    I like webos too ive been a user since the pre but ive always wanted to try out meego. meego is like webos's brother who always has to 1 up him. for example webos doesnt allow card view if i turn my phone. in meego it is support(yes i know in the touchpad it is). also it has other little tweaks and things that anyone can edit since its open source. so anything you dont like you can just go and tweak to your liking.

Back on topic though,has anyone ever ported meego to the touchpad/ is it even possible.
    Just some speculation. I have a Nokia N900. It runs both Android(Nitdroid project) and Meego. I assume, if Touchpad runs android it can run Meego as well. Though I have never heard of a project porting Meego to Touchpad, there is enough Touchpad devices on the market to bring Meego developers attention to them. I can bring this question up on meego forum and we will see the feedback.
    There you go: http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?p=29921#post29921
    Last edited by arcticrobot; 08/23/2011 at 10:19 PM.
    hey... Let put IOS on touchpad!!! Meego..
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    hey... Let put IOS on touchpad!!! Meego..
    Why would anyone want to substitute properly multitasking OS with that cripple?
    iOS would be illegal, because it's closed-source. Meego is open source.
    Hope this isn't too old to reply too, but looks like others are interested in this as well.. MeeGo on the touchpad? - Page 3 - xda-developers
    i posted my thoughts in the last post, that it'd be cool to get a meego chroot, rather than a native port. I think that'd be a good 'best of both worlds' approach.
    Alternately I'd be interested in an android or chromiumOS chroot..
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)