Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kanso2002
  1.    #1  
    can anyone tell me if skype will work on the touchpad 32gb,been trying to connect to my skype account for hours and getting no were, ready to put it out the window ,it just dose not seem to connect but is connecting to the web with my wi fi ,please help
    I have a 32GB and Skype connects for me. Like all computing devices that act oddly, you could try rebooting the TP. i know this is basic, but are you sure you are entering the right user ID and password?
    Works fine for me. No issues here via wifi or tethering using my Sprint Pre minus.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4.    #4  
    yes I have tryed the account on my computer and its working fine but it just will not connecting using wi fi or tethering from my htc desire on the touchpad
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Yes...works fine. In fact, I got two Skype phone calls on my TP at work today...had to mute them and then go into Messages and set myself to Offline.
  6.    #6  
    please tell me how you got it to work please
    projectpete19 likes this.
    open the accounts app, add your skype account. Open the phone app, call a skype contact in your contact list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    open the accounts app, add your skype account. Open the phone app, call a skype contact in your contact list.
    Stupid question...how do I call someone using their Skype name (not a phone number)? Is there a way to enter their skype name in the address book?
    Quote Originally Posted by JAndrews View Post
    Stupid question...how do I call someone using their Skype name (not a phone number)? Is there a way to enter their skype name in the address book?
    You can do it from either the contact app, or the phone app. You can also do it through the messaging app itself if you're signed in.

If you're in the contact card you can select voice, text, or video chat under the Skype section. In the phone app you type their name in (if their sn is linked to a contact), if not you'll have to look for their sn instead. From there you can call them however you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by kanso2002 View Post
    can anyone tell me if skype will work on the touchpad 32gb,been trying to connect to my skype account for hours and getting no were, ready to put it out the window ,it just dose not seem to connect but is connecting to the web with my wi fi ,please help
    As crazy as it sounds, delete your Skype account and then reinstall it! It worked for me, after I was having similar problems. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Once you login into your skype account, the people you currently have defined on your PC will sync with your contact list on your Touchpad.

Make sure your skype is working from you PC as a test before trying from your Touchpad.
    skype version 5.5 is broken on touchpad. Skype support claims they have no offical version of webos and refuse to support it
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Not sure where you are getting version 5.5 since skype is built into the phone app; but, a quick search on the skype.com home page provides the following:

Q: Help for Skype: Which webOS devices support Skype? Support

Which webOS devices support Skype. Skype is supported by the following webOS devices:. ... HP TouchPad. HP Pre 3 Smartphone. You can get full help and support for your webOS device on the Hewlett Packard support site.
    skype is built -into- the TouchPad. You go to Settings->Accounts, Add Account, select Skype.

If it doesn't login the first time, give it about 5 minutes to make a connection. If that doesn't do it, remove the account, and try again. Eventually, it'll get logged in, and stick.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by kanso2002 View Post
    I am using TP 32GB w/WiFi and it works great. I just ran a test to assure it is presently working.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.