1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to use an Open VPN service like "strongvpn"? I have been using this for my windows based machines when traveling and using public wifi's at hotels-airports and wherever.

I tried contacting strong, but they didn't have a particular tutorial on WebOS. I have a subscription to them and basically I just download openvpn and install it, and copy my personal key signature to the proper directory > then connect to wifi, launch open vpn and hit connect and then I'd be ready to go... This would be cool

I read that installing preware might overcome this curiosity?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    You can install openvpn via preware, there is no gui yet to control access so you have to start and stop the service manually, once you've installed it via preware check the documentation at webos-internals wiki or ask here if it gives you trouble
  3.    #3  
    Okay thanks for the heads up - just to know, does anyone or has anyone tried using Strong VPN Open service on this after installing preware?
    Can someone help me figure out how to get OpenVPN to work on my touchpad? Followed webos-internals with no luck :/
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    @Skater1405: can you post the configuration you're trying to setup? (omit any passwords and dont post certificates just the config file)
    Install PPTP VPN from HP App Catalog. That did it for me. Good luck!
    Well i can say that there's no better service imho than kebrum.com
    10 cangable ips on any server and you'll be pleased with the low prices for that.
    you should totally try it!
    Quote Originally Posted by moris View Post
    @Skater1405: can you post the configuration you're trying to setup? (omit any passwords and dont post certificates just the config file)
    Would that be the contents of the client.ovpn file?
    Quote Originally Posted by amlodipine View Post
    Has anyone been able to use an Open VPN service like "strongvpn"? I have been using this for my windows based machines when traveling and using public wifi's at hotels-airports and wherever.
    I used HP's PPTP VPN client in the App Catalog. Works great when connecting to Windows VPN Servers.

Do you NEED to use OpenVPN instead of HP's PPTP VPN???
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post

Do you NEED to use OpenVPN instead of HP's PPTP VPN???
    In my case, YES. I would love to get OpenVPN available through the VPN gui.
    Quote Originally Posted by andresmmm View Post
    In my case, YES. I would love to get OpenVPN available through the VPN gui.
    I think we all would. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by mendezjoy View Post
    Install PPTP VPN from HP App Catalog. That did it for me. Good luck!
    Hi,

What were your settings with strongvpn which allowed you to connect?

Many thanks,